Bransgore too dull?

(6 Posts)
NotmylastRolo Mon 01-Oct-12 22:27:08

Why not have a look at lovely Christchurch? It is near Bransgore and Barton on Sea but better I think. Wick is lovely. Hengistbury Head area is lovely. St Catherine's Hill and surrounding area is my favourite as the views are amazing. Just a small hop into the historic town of Christchurch or a bit further afield Bournemouth/Poole and easy to get to London up the Spur Road. Bransgore is lovely but not when it snows or floods!

Happygirl77 Mon 01-Oct-12 14:27:07

I know many mums who have sent their kids to Bransgore Primary and many who have purposely chosen not to! Look past the OfSTED report and see what you think of it for your own child/ren. Year R, for instance, has 50 in one classroom with two teachers and two TAs. confused My friend's son (ASD) was physically restrained at his settling on session (summer birthday so only 3). He wanted to wander round when it was carpet time so someone sat with their arms round him, not letting him move. She says with that many kids they can't have anyone wandering around hmm

Bransgore is a wealthy village so the school will already have an advantage over nearby Burton, for example, which has much smaller classes but more council housing etc in the village and was in special measures a couple of years ago.

TalkinPeace2 Fri 31-Aug-12 21:18:08

Barton is WONDERFUL - spent a very happy day there this week looking for sharks teeth on the beach near the sunken pill box
BUT
for sanity I'd not choose to live either right on the coast or in ANY of the honey pot villages in the Forest.

Wrongmoreoftenthannot Fri 31-Aug-12 20:54:37

I live in Barton on Sea next to Milford and there's lots going on there, it's a more expensive area IMO, I do like Bransgore though it's gorgeous in the forest!

TalkinPeace2 Fri 31-Aug-12 20:50:53

living further from the coast is a GOOD idea on weekends in the summer .....

whereishome Fri 31-Aug-12 08:40:59

Hi everyone,

We are deciding whether to move to Milford on Sea or Bransgore. We really wanted to go to Christchurch but the schools seem very average. The school in Bransgore looks very good and the performance stats are excellent. But I read somewhere a comment by someone who grew up in Bransgore and said "shudder at the thought" :/. Does anyone have any thoughts on either of these places. We will obviously come and visit very soon. Also, if anyone has any insight on Milford on Sea Primary and Bransgore Primary - again, I would be immensely grateful! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now