Hello Bournemoth, am coming tto you next week. Advice on attractions

(5 Posts)
3teenhell Thu 17-May-12 19:08:02

Using only just seen your reply so sorry!!
We had a fab time and visited corfe castle, brownsea island and the country park from your recommendations, so thanks you helped loads.

Am slightly jealous of you living down there i fell in love with bournemouth

usingapseudonym Fri 27-Apr-12 18:48:53

Did you have a good time? What did you do? smile

3teenhell Wed 28-Mar-12 08:47:59

Oh all of those sound brillaint thank. Its the not so touristy that i like, as i don't like it too croweded!
Never heard of brownsea island so i will look that up, sounds like something i would love.
Moors valley sounds great as the older ones can go ape. Its hard having such a gap sometimes, don't all want to do the same thing!!

Any really nice family freindly resturant reccomendations would be great too i don't want to cook every night

Thank you, cannot wait to get there now!!

usingapseudonym Tue 27-Mar-12 20:54:48

Depends what sort of thing you like (obviously)....

We like Moors valley country park ( has a fab play trail - walk with lots of wooden climbing apparatus and nets and things as you go around. Also has a "Go Ape" the older ones might like).

Hengistbury Head is a nice, usually less touristy, place to walk by the sea. It's a nice walk across the head to the beach where there is a cafe and you have views across to Christchurch.

New forest and the Purbecks are near by for walking if you want to go walking and exploring. Some lovely villages and pubs in both too.

Corfe Castle is usually good, depending on interests of the children. We have done the castle in the morning followed by Durlston Country Park (Swanage) in the afternoon but depends how far you want to go.

Bournemouth obviously has the beaches (usually worth walking away from the main beach in either direction and you will find it less crowded). From Sandbanks (Poole) you can catch a chain ferry across to Studland which has a wilder NT beach for contrast.

Brownsea Island is great to explore, and involves a boat trip from Poole quay. The boat trip itself is good as it goes around behind the islands and you can see how big the harbour really is. There are also bookable boat trips along the coast or up to Wareham.

What sort of things are you looking at/thinking about and I might be able to suggest others!

3teenhell Tue 27-Mar-12 12:22:13

Hi All

Am coming on saturday for a week and am hoping for some ideas on things to do with the kids.
Have 4 ages 14,13,11 and 6
Have googled but am hoping for some local gems you might be able to offer up

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now