Moving to Broadstone Poole

(7 Posts)
littleangel10000 Sun 19-Feb-12 11:16:41

My husband and I recently moved to Highcliffe from up North. We have a little baby only a few months old and we are wanting to get settled in an area.

We are thinking of Broadstone Poole but don't really know the area. (We are looking at other areas as well but not sure)....

Does anyone have views on Broadstone? Things to do for Children, schools, playschool/nursery etc

We would also like to make new friends, not sure if there are any clubs etc?

Highcliffe seems more of a retirement village which we didn't realise when we moved here so would like to move to a family area.

Hi, I live just up from Broadstone in Corfe Mullen, i'd say the area is lovely to bring up children. There is everything you need on the high street, banks, shops, cafes - its easy access to Bournemouth and Poole plenty of bus routes too.
The schools in the area are rather sort after so if you have a school in mind check the catchment areas and make sure your in them.. The same also applies to nurseries.
There are some great baby groups in and around Broadstone plus there is Kidz Zone at the Junction gym.
If your looking to bring up a family this is a lovely area to do it, I only moved here 3 years ago from 200 miles north - I would go back now..
If I can answer any questions - shout smile

TiredMule Mon 14-May-12 13:35:22

Broadstone is lovely-as is Corfe Mullen! We live in Lytchett Matravers and my DH works in Broadstone (he also grew up there) The schools are great, loads to do for children, close to Poole, Wimbourne etc I'd say it was a fantastic place to bring up a family! smile

Maddy2102 Tue 22-May-12 17:56:35

Hi we live in Canford magna which is close to broads tone - its a lovely area.

I have 2 boys - 4 years old and 9 months. I moved here a few years ago- took me a while to settle but now have some fab friends. If you need anything get in touch x

lillybish Fri 08-Jun-12 17:46:44

Hi ive lived in the area for 12years, i have brought my boys up here & they have gone to the local schools.Its a great place to live with fantastic oppotunities for the children.

Miller1977 Sun 24-Jun-12 16:39:39

Broadstone is a lovely area and I'm hoping to move to it soon as well. Currently living in Creekmoor a short distance away, but want to get my son into the Broadstone schools which have a great reputation.

Lizyloo Sat 08-Dec-12 09:55:47

I would steer well clear of Broadstone first school (used to be good but gone downhill fast imo) and opt for Springdale first school. Much better leadership and more open with the parents...children happier? Just look at the letters pages on the broadstone first sch website and you will notice the tone of the emails to parents...very negative, moany and concerning. Broadstone middle very good school.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now