Moving to Friars Cliff/Mudeford Area.... we need to make new friends!

(6 Posts)
jdubya Thu 27-Oct-11 18:27:36

Myself, hubby and our son of 7 years old are moving to Friars cliff in two weeks from Essex. He will be going to Highcliffe St Marks Primary (y3), and we are very excited about the move! We're know absolutely no-one in the area apart from the Estate agent so would love to have any advice on nice things to do in the area (apart from the beach!), maybe recommend nice family restaurants, pubs etc... and if anyone would like to meet somewhere for a coffee it would be really nice! Thanks Jo.

JustJazz Tue 01-Nov-11 13:20:47

My DD is younger (2), so apologies if I miss the mark a bit here. (I'm in Christchurch, so just down the road).
*New Forest- just up the road. Great for walks/ cycling/ picnics etc.
*Moors Valley Park Country Park- Miniture Steam Train & lots of childrens outdoor activitys- especially in the school holidays.
* Christchurch Quay- feed the ducks, hire boats, water splash park (for warmer weather obviously!)
* Two Riversmeet Leisure Centre- Swimming pool, football pitches etc. There's a bigger leisure centre in Bmth, but I find it busier (and more expensive).
Umm... I'm sure there's more, but I've lived down here all my life so take lots of things for granted. There's more going on in Summer usually. They have play rangers activities in local parks etc. during the summer holiday. The libraries usually do some good free acitivities in the holidays too.

Welcome to the area! Feel free to ask me more questions if you want.

jdubya Sun 06-Nov-11 19:07:49

Thanks so much:-) was just thinking about the leisure centre funnily enough, good to know it's ok! the Steam train sounds fun too... Thanks again! We're almost there.... we move on Thursday! All v exciting though!

surfandturf Sat 07-Jan-12 23:25:02

Hi jdubya. I live close to the border of Christchurch and Highcliffe and my children go to St Marks. My son is 5 and I'm a childminder so let me know if you need any help with childcare / babysitting! Good luck with the move - I hope it is a s stress-free as possible! We moved here from Lancashire 2 years ago and have never looked back - we love it! You'll find loads to do once you get here and it's great in the summer - Christchurch quay with the splash park is a winner and crabbing on Mudeford quay is fun too. Let me know when you're settled and I'd be happy to meet up for a coffee.

crille Thu 17-May-12 16:27:06

Hi mums,
I'm in Christchurch too so just down the road if you would like to meet up for a coffee and natter sometime smile
Caroline

jdubya Thu 05-Jul-12 09:30:48

Hi Crille and Surf and turf!! Sorry for not posting for ages but as you can imagine its Ben busy. I'd love to meet up for a coffee.. Best days are thurs or Fridays. I could come to Christchurch, Highcliffe or wherever! Just let me knowsmile)) jxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now