Moving from UK to Barcelona

(5 Posts)
Dovetale Mon 24-Oct-16 11:49:46

My husband has a job opportunity in Barcelona which we are considering at the moment.

We have a 3 1/2 year old (due to start school Sept 2017) and a 2 month old baby. Does anyone have any advice about where to start? Advice on every aspect of relocating would be appreciated!

We have been 2 x as tourists but that is the extent of my knowledge of the city. I know I would want to be in the city not the countryside.

We would return after 2 years so I have looked at International Schools teaching the English curriculum, but they all seem to be out of the city and I would need to do the school run by public transport.

Thanks

Laptopwieldingharpy Mon 07-Nov-16 11:33:33

Hi, we are looking at a possible relocation next summer and would probably live north east/saria/zona alta or even further for easy acess to schools and we prefer a quieter area.
found this website a good starting point
expatica always has good info

anglo info too

buntymcfun Thu 17-Nov-16 23:49:39

Hi both! I live near Barcelona. My partner works near the Sagrada Familia. There are lots of Facebook groups for expats and moms if you haven't found them already. It's a great place to live in many ways

Laptopwieldingharpy Fri 18-Nov-16 08:10:51

Hi there! Would love to know more about the FB pages please!
Found a couple.
Looking for more info on NIE registration etc...
Can we do it from a consulate abroad or wait till we are there?
Tks!

buntymcfun Sat 19-Nov-16 20:23:30

Hiya. Best ones for moms are Barcelona Mammas, Mums & Dads in Casteldelfells, English Speaking Parents in Sant Cugat - you'll get a good range of opinions on areas and schools from them. I think you can get your temporary NIE from the consulate, but in order to get your residency, you'll need to have a rental contract etc etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now