Cost of shipping stuff to Switzerland from the UK

(7 Posts)
StMary Tue 06-Sep-16 19:38:06

Anyone care to share how much their removals cost between the UK and Switzerland? We have the option of taking a generous cash lump sum and arranging it ourselves or have the company pay and forgo the cash so trying to get a feel for shipping costs. I guess in terms of size, average 3 bed house inc belongings for a family of 4...

StMary Wed 07-Sep-16 13:13:24

Bump

Not sure about costs uk to Ch but a 3/4 bedroom house should require a 40ft container.
Do a quick google search. There a a lot of movers that offer a quick online quote on the basis of your volume and destination. Some sites allow for comparative quotes too.

StMary Thu 08-Sep-16 10:39:12

Ok thanks, was hoping a 20ft would do it but will see if I can google both prices!

blibblibs Thu 08-Sep-16 10:44:22

Crown removals have a good online calculator to give you an idea. We ended up not choosing them as there were the most expensive of all our quotes. We found some have us quotes really quickly and others I had to chase up. Can't really help with your question though as we're heading to a different country and not taking furniture only personal belongings so sharing a container.

Some companies offer shared 40ft containers if they have another client heading the same way with a similar timeline.
Worth asking

MountainDweller Thu 22-Sep-16 00:47:10

Sorry am a bit late with this, but try Luker brothers, they are a very good small company. Prices favourable compared to big names. Weekly trips to Switzerland, will do part loads... Definitely worth a try! No I don't work for them but they've moved stuff for us and several friends.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now