Houston ObGyn

(3 Posts)
bettyjane Tue 26-Jul-16 09:36:05

Hello!

Sorry that my first post is asking for advice, but I am all set to move to Houston in the next month or so, and just found out I am pregnant.

Would love recommendations of a good midwife/Doctor over there because will need to get booked in with someone pretty soon after our arrival.

Thanks!

MyFriendsCallMeOh Thu 28-Jul-16 03:10:04

I live in Houston and it's huge!!! It's bigger than greater London so it would be a good idea to find out roughly where you will be living before you sign up. You will be able to find facebook groups in your neighbourhood who will be able to advise you on nearby obgyns. You also need to find an obgyn in plan ie who accepts your insurance cover (if you are insured for pregnancy and childbirth). Your insurance company will be able to provide you with a list of in plan obgyns. Having said that, the quality of healthcare in Houston is really amazing so you'll be sure to find someone really great.

bettyjane Thu 28-Jul-16 06:22:54

Thank you for replying.

We will be out in Katy, so anywhere there would be ideal but can also look in towards the west side of Houston, Memorial etc. Looking for a fb group is a good idea though, thanks.

Don't know who our insurance co is yet, should def cover pregnancy/childbirth though. We were with AETNA previously and they seemed fairly widely accepted at the time. But not sure it will be the same on the assignment.

I have plenty of friends there but the problem is I'm not really ready to make any pregnancy announcements just yet so tricky to ask them.

Thanks again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now