Hong Kong - School Hols Easter 2017?

(5 Posts)
lemonpickle Thu 07-Jul-16 10:45:32

Hello, sorry to come on the living overseas section, but I was wondering if anyone could help with this please?

We are planning a visit to Hong Kong around next Easter (on our way to New Zealand to visit my family). We want to visit Disneyland Hong Kong with our disabled child. We want to avoid Hong Kong School holidays, but are finding it very hard to find out when these are in 2017. I've read they are different for private and public schools. I can see the dates for some English-speaking private schools, but can't find anything for the public schools, which will have the majority of children I presume. Can anyone help please?

Any advice most gratefully received. Thank you.

Laptopwieldingharpy Thu 07-Jul-16 22:27:22

Your main worry is the crowds from China. There is a memorial day called ching ming early April ( around 3-6) and you should avoid that time. Easter is mid April so should be Ok.
Holidays are staggered but do avoid the weekend and go mid week ( tue- thur) and start first thing in the morning. I would recommend making a beeline for the far end of the park and working your way back towards the entrance against the flow if the crowd.
Same goes for ocean park. Go up in the train do the atteactions at the top and take the cable car back down.
Enjoy! It's a lively time of year in HK

lemonpickle Sun 10-Jul-16 01:14:03

That's really helpful. Thank you very much.

KeyserSophie Sun 10-Jul-16 08:27:23

laptop- will they have opened Shanghai Disney by then? If so, HK Disney shouldn't be too bad?? (maybe this is just my wishful thinking).

come2chat Mon 11-Jul-16 03:12:04

Easter holidays 2017 for public schools i would guess would be from 13 April to 24 April (inclusive). Give and take a few days. But as someone suggested, i would definitely go mid week and very early in the mornings. Actually as soon the gates open would be your best bet. The tourist coaches arrive around 12 noon and the park will get extremely crowded and busy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now