Ottawa?

(3 Posts)
WhoAteAllTheDinosaurs Fri 17-Jun-16 00:22:03

Just wondering if there is anybody about who has emigrated to Ottawa? Or who lives in Ottawa? Do you like it? Is it a good place to live?

There is a chance that my husband may have a job there, there are lots of things to think about before we make any decisions, not least whether I could work there too, plus I have never been there (though have been to western Canada and loved it) so visits would be in order of things progress with the job. But just trying to get some ideas about the place - what our money could get us over there, what our lifestyle could be like etc. We have a 3 year old so anywhere we go would need to be fairly family-friendly!

Thanks 😊

WhoAteAllTheDinosaurs Fri 17-Jun-16 00:22:35

*if things progress

Vagabond Fri 17-Jun-16 16:29:08

Ottawa was just voted the best place to live in Canada. I think you'd love it. The Rideau Canal freezes during winter and thousands of people ice skate to work every day, passing buildings that look the most like Westminster that you will ever see in North America.
You will have literally thousands of lakes and getaways within a couple of hours from home. Go for it. You will love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now