UK stroller with US car seat

(10 Posts)
Hopeful1904 Fri 13-May-16 03:23:49

Hi there,

I've just moved to the US and my friend in the UK kindly donated her Maxi-Cosi Elea before I left. It's in perfect condition and I couldn't pass it up. I brought it with me and now need to buy a car seat. I thought I'd buy a Maxi-Cosi car seat (US one to meet US standards, etc), but I don't actually know if it will fit the UK Elea. It's hard to find an answer online as to whether a US car seat will fit on a UK stroller. i assumed if I went with the same brand it'd be ok, but does anyone have any experience of this?

I'm just trying to find out before I order the car seat.

Thank you.

Iguessyourestuckwithme Fri 13-May-16 04:39:35

Do you need a.car seat on the stroller? Can't you have it without?

MyFriendsCallMeOh Fri 13-May-16 04:47:27

Take the UK stroller to ToysRUs, Target, Walmart etc and see if a car seat will fit.

Want2bSupermum Fri 13-May-16 08:54:55

I don't know the answer but I can stop into our local baby store who are awesome with stuff like this. You could also call the company and ask them.

Hopeful1904 Fri 13-May-16 15:13:59

I emailed maxi-cosi but haven't heard back. It's frustrating as it seems the local baby store has closed here. I could go to a babies r us but I know that not all stores stock all brands and I assume I have more chance of a match with a maxi-cosi. Thank you for the advice and help.

Want2bSupermum Mon 16-May-16 18:00:01

The store here said yes it is compatible with a US car seat.

Want2bSupermum Mon 16-May-16 18:01:00

Pressed send too soon! Personally I'd buy on Amazon so you can return if it doesn't fit.

Hopeful1904 Mon 16-May-16 18:11:34

Thank you so much. That's so helpful. You are a star.

Want2bSupermum Mon 16-May-16 18:20:21

BTW be wary of buying anything from babies r us if you think you might need to return. They have a horrible policy and charge a restocking fee. I've found Amazon far better.

Hopeful1904 Mon 16-May-16 18:31:24

Good to know. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now