Paris bilingual primary schools

(4 Posts)
kkfrance Wed 06-Jan-16 16:57:58

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the following schools in Paris - thanks very much!

- wi international montessori (9e)
- bilingual montessori (quai d'orsay)
- bilingual international school

Thanks very much! It's really hard to make a decision! We will visit them as well but would love to hear any experiences. Most of the bilingual schools I have rung will not accept students at this time of the year, or they are full.

Katherine

lifeisunjust Thu 07-Jan-16 21:59:30

Why bilingual?
Make sure there are actually some French speakers in the class, a minimum of 50%.
Outcomes from bilingual schools are very very varied.
I would stick with the 2 biggies.

BoboChic Thu 07-Jan-16 22:39:53

If you can't get your DC into EIB or EJM you could try the Lycee International de Saint-Germain-en-Laye or the Sections Internationales de Sevres, both of which have longstanding reputable bilingual programmes. There's also Lennen and Eurecole, though their reputations are mixed.

kkfrance Thu 07-Jan-16 22:55:53

Thanks for your replies, in my first post I forgot to mention my DD is six, and we are only here for six months, so for me the main thing is that she enjoys herself and makes a few friends, would love her to learn some French but I certainly don't expect too much after a short time. We have made visits to two of the schools so far and she had a really good time at one so will probably choose that one. Thanks again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now