Anyone in Buenos Aires?

(2 Posts)
FizzyBubbly Sat 22-Aug-15 12:16:02

DH has been asked if he'd like to work in BA for 2 years as of early next year so we're currently listing pros and cons of making such a big move, especially as we have a 2 year old and 4 month old. The final decision is down to me as I'd be the one at home with the two children in a strange country with no family or friends. I'm very much an introvert so find making new friends hard enough as it is.

Is anyone in (or has been in) a similar situation? How have you found it? Any tips would also be appreciated!

tomatodizzymum Sat 29-Aug-15 22:52:27

I'm not, I'm in Brazil but in a city like BA, there will be an expat community. I lived in Rio de Janiero with a young baby and toddler and I found the expat mother and baby/toddler group to be a great resource, especially as most expats are often stuck at home with young children as they are often unable to work. It worked a bit differently to UK ones, you joined an email list that said where the next meetup would be. Google BA British community to see if they have a link or a person in charge that can give you some info about living in BA with small children. It's a great country, and city. I would say go for it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now