Work in Aus (Adelaide) for unqualified spouse

(4 Posts)
chloeb2002 Thu 29-May-14 23:31:45

There is work out there.. Like anything it's a foot in the door. Not much is family/ school time friendly.

PhoebeMcPeePee Thu 29-May-14 19:30:38

Thank you I assumed as much but couldn't see to find a definitive answer anywhere. Whether I can get a pt job is of course a whole other issue grin

chloeb2002 Thu 29-May-14 03:01:31

You can work anywhere .. Any job.. If you choose to work in schools it health you need to have Tb clearance (chest X-ray). All residency perm or temp allow spouse to work and kids to study.

PhoebeMcPeePee Wed 28-May-14 23:28:53

We're doing our research for a move to Australia next year. Dh's job is on the SOL with a good number of vacancies, we should qualify for a 189 visa & have narrowed our search down to Adelaide but really struggling to find out what, if any, employment an unqualified spouse will be allowed to undertake? And if I can legally get work, what options might there be for a SAHM looking to fill school days & boost the coffers grin

Our house is being valued next week - just hoping it's gone up in value as much as we think or we won't be going anywhere as sale profit is funding this move!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now