Tell me about Singaporw

(5 Posts)
LondonForTheWeekend Tue 25-Mar-14 22:54:19

We are (probably) moving to SGP in July, for a couple of years.

Tell me some good ways to make friends. We will probably be based between Clementi and Holland Park.

Also what sports do your kids do (ours are five and seven)

MasterOfTheYoniverse Wed 26-Mar-14 01:29:45

Most condos in that area will be full of young expat families so hang around the pool after school and you'll soon meet your neighbors.

There is a great rugby scene ( the pit - centaurs rugby :competitions, trips for tournaments to malaysia, Hong Kong etc…..)
Turf city is your best bet to get you started. Rugby is there as well as football, riding, tennis (AST), Taekwondo, yoga, gymnastics & and a big indoor playroom in the shopping malls for those rainy days.

sports

The two websites below should keep you busy too!

littlesteps

sassy mamma

fatowl Wed 26-Mar-14 09:33:53

Your top priority is finding schools, unless already sorted

dancingnancy Wed 26-Mar-14 12:41:35

We found making friends really easy luckily. School, obviously an easy way - most kids are there and often new and have no family support so they and the parents are usually very open and friendly to meeting people etc. Living in a condo will provide playmates for the kids hopefully no problem. I also met folk through the Internet - other mums who had just arrived like me looking for friends. Husband also joined our countries social club and played sports there and met folk that way. It really is quite a small place and you keep bumping into the same folk again and again.

LondonForTheWeekend Wed 26-Mar-14 12:49:35

Fatowl. School is pretty sorted. It has been a frustrating experience in that respect. Don't even want to say where they're going until it is completely confirmed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now