Malaysia/Singapore water

(9 Posts)
LoopyDoopyDoo Sun 02-Mar-14 09:08:15

Hi all

Has anyone been affected by the water rationing? I'm so unclear about the situation, the lists are really confusing and no idea what's going on. Anyone with any insider info? Thanks

fatowl Sun 02-Mar-14 10:27:35

No insider info, but it's raining! Spend all afternoon trying to get kids off their screens and into the pool, and it bloody started raining for the first time in 2 months.

They will still carry on rationing though til end march, 2 days on two days off.

Where are you exactly? Our area is not on any list, we were off this morning, but back on this afternoon, but water has a nice yellow tinge to it. So who knows lah?

Fill the bath and good luck trying to buy buckets

LoopyDoopyDoo Sun 02-Mar-14 11:41:54

Bangsar, and very similar day..!

LoopyDoopyDoo Sun 02-Mar-14 11:43:03

Yes, I'm not sure about drinking this water even with a filter. I think it's time for a trip to get some bottled water. I wonder if that'll be in short supply?

fatowl Sun 02-Mar-14 11:51:45

Yes, we're in bangsar too, it's off again now :-(

I def wouldn't drink it

LoopyDoopyDoo Sun 02-Mar-14 12:12:04

Are you in a condo? Our condo has apparently almost run out from their tanks, wondering whether the tanks would likely be pretty empty anyway after this weather

fatowl Sun 02-Mar-14 12:41:41

No, we're in a house. I thought people in condos would be better off because they had storage tanks, but I guess not

LoopyDoopyDoo Sun 02-Mar-14 12:44:00

Not sure. Obviously the pool will help when it comes to no shower day...

But I'm guessing we must be in 'zone 2' if it's today? It would help if we knew what bloody days it'll be. And what about schools etc?

Cerisier Tue 04-Mar-14 15:28:40

No rationing yet in Singapore, though we have been asked to conserve water as much as possible. I am surprised there isn't a hosepipe ban.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now