Zurich

(29 Posts)
PastPerfect Fri 28-Feb-14 17:30:39

Considering a move to Zurich, I've visited but only airport-office and back again.

At this stage I'm looking at the general rather than specifics and principally want to figure out how terrified should I be of the cost of living grin

PastPerfect Fri 07-Mar-14 09:36:23

LIZS I don't understand your comment.

If the position changed and the company had to revert to fixed term permits for employees I don't understand how that would effect the package unless it would become a legal issue? But I guess even then they would just increase salaries

LIZS Fri 07-Mar-14 15:15:57

You would probably have to change permit (which would give you entitlement to out of work benefits and so on) and that usually affects the contract so that it is no longer temporary. Normally you would renegotiate the package at that point but sometimes you do not get the equivalent to compensate on local terms.

PastPerfect Sat 08-Mar-14 14:45:41

Ok thanks LIZS - I'm pretty sure the package will remain the package regardless of contract. I know for example the company offer expats and locals same contractual terms elsewhere in the world.

Anyway lots to think about

heather1 Sat 08-Mar-14 15:26:41

Mine are ar zis, lots of sahd, he wouldn't be alone.
They meet up, go skiing/hiking together etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now