Sending presents to NZ- is there a local company like eg Amazin or JL?

(7 Posts)
FlamingGallah Sat 22-Feb-14 08:51:20

Hi, would love some advice please. We have family in NZ and if want to send them pressies for their new baby. Is there a company there that I could order from here?

Thinking along lines of Next, John Lewis, Amazin etc. as thought it would both save hefty postage, and mean they could return if wasn't to their taste/ not needed.

Many thanks...

FlamingGallah Sat 22-Feb-14 08:51:58

Grrrr Amazon not Amazin, should put glasses on before posting

iloverainbows Sun 23-Feb-14 20:32:27

Hi Flaming, we haven't been in NZ long and my children are older however things are generally very overpriced and poor quality here. If you add a very limited selection into the mix I think you get a pretty accurate picture. There are baby shops however am not sure if they deliver etc. Your best and easiest bet is to use Marks and Spencer, they are delivering free at the moment when you spend over £30. They will have to pay the postage to return stuff if its no good though. I have found delivery really quick and no problems. Alternatively there is an international Next site but I think they charge P&P. HTH.

FlamingGallah Sun 23-Feb-14 22:04:20

Brilliant thank you rainbows that's really helpful. I think I'll just bite the bullet and send them some inoffensive nice UK stuff.

Good luck out there! I visited NZ 20 years ago (god I feel old now) and the clothes shops were abysmal then, but I hoped things had improved a bit!

WhatSheSaid Mon 24-Feb-14 01:27:33

If you want to send books, use www.bookdepository.co.uk , free shipping worldwide

Debenhams, nNext, M and S, Tesco and various others deliver, usually delivery is about £10-15, as said up thread M and S free over £30 at mo. Amazon deliver too.

www.iqtoys.co.nz , www.toyworld.co.nz and www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/ might be worth a look for toys etc, they have delivery charges though.

kiwiscantfly Mon 24-Feb-14 01:30:19

As a kiwi who has lived in the UK I'd love it if you sent stuff from JL or M&S (are you sending to me??) because as you said, the shops are dire here, especially for baby stuff. So much so I'm doing a JL and an M&S order before May when my baby is due.

Hoppinggreen Mon 24-Feb-14 17:34:19

Think pumpkin patch deliver there as that is where they are based.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now