Are there fireworks on New Year's Eve in Belgium too?

(4 Posts)
newbie24 Sat 28-Dec-13 22:30:27

Having experienced New Year's Eve in the Netherlands, I'm keen on missing this coming one... the fireworks are just too much for my liking fblush. I'm thinking of visiting Brussels just for New Year's. Any clue if the Belgians are as crazy about free-for-all fireworks displays as the Dutch? And any other tips re New Year's Eve and Day in Brussels?

Thanks and Happy New Year's to all smile

DorisButtons Sun 29-Dec-13 07:32:21

Yes they are. There used to be an enormous public display at merode. Elsewhere in Belgium it feels like 1945 on nye.

newbie24 Sun 29-Dec-13 09:37:46

I'm not against fireworks displays, just wary when it's handed over to anyone in the street... if it's an organized display done safely I can enjoy it. In the Netherlands it's out of control, people firing their rockets anywhere and to any direction, feels like a war zone.. So just asking if Brussels has the same feel.
thanks

FrankCarsonsDressingRoom Wed 02-Apr-14 21:15:38

Honestly, don't waste a good Hogmanay on Brussels! We used to be so bored....empty bars etc, its a time for family unless you go bang into the centre!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now