Forex transfer company?

(6 Posts)
lazydog Wed 21-Aug-13 06:44:08

I've used xe.com for several small (<$10,000) transfers with no problems at all, and back in 2005 we used www.sterlingexchange.co.uk/ for a much higher amount when we were purchasing property in Canada, from the UK. They were excellent, too, but that was a long time ago and a one off experience so I'd be nervous to say I'd still recommend them smile

We always use Forex.com Never had a problem at all. And it is free! Exchange rates have always been competitive. No complaints at all.

I've used Xe for smaller amounts under $10,000 and was very pleased. For larger amounts I've done a bank transfer cost a small amount on each end, but when I checked after I'd done as well as using Xe (rate wise) and it was done in a day instead of 4 days.

Thanks I'll take a look at them

Sconset Tue 20-Aug-13 20:24:25

we previously used caxton- they were very good, and offered decent rates (and they had a facility wjere your money could sit there until it hit the rate youwanted, then they'd exchange it IYSWIM)
Thiswas a few years ago now, but I'm sure they're still good.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company to transfer our funds from UK to USA? I've had a google and contacted Xe.com but obviously don't want to entrust our money to just anyone.

Are they really a lot cheaper than using the bank? Will be moving about 40k

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now