Anyone lived in Denver?

(5 Posts)
emmyloo2 Wed 07-Aug-13 12:05:32

Hi,

DH and I are considering an overseas posting next year. His company will likely want him to move overseas and my company has an office in Denver. We have done several overseas postings before and I have lived in DC and New York but no experience of living as an expat in Denver. His company's headquarters are in Houston and I am sure they would like him there, but I want to stay with my company. We both work full time and have on DS aged just under 3 and a 10 week old DD. We wouldn't contemplate going until she was older.

I would be grateful for any feedback on living in Denver as an expat or the US generally. I am in two minds about moving overseas again as we have a lot of family support here. We live in Australia by the way. We moved home from the UK where we were posted when we had my son, for the family support.

Thanks!

BaskingTurtle Fri 09-Aug-13 16:32:01

If I had to choose a place in USA to live it would be Denver, but then I'm mad about outdoor sports. Several of my friends have moved to Boulder for the rock climbing and my last two vacations in North America were both in Colorado - skiing in Breckenridge and climbing in Estes Park. I've applied to jobs in Denver but sadly not gotten anywhere.

I lived two years in DC and overall I'd choose Canada over the States if it was me, but if I had to live in the States and had the choice, it would be Denver.

(I'm Canadian, so I'm biased! wink)

Nandocushion Brazil Fri 09-Aug-13 17:18:53

I have pm'd you, OP.

silverangel Wed 14-Aug-13 14:50:57

My FiL lives in Denver and loves it, he's got a green card now and I cant see him coming back.

I love it - the vibe is cosmopolitan as opposed to American and it has a great lifestyle. Great summers and skiing in winter. Perfect place to me.

expatinscotland Wed 14-Aug-13 14:52:22

I have. It's pretty fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now