Anybody in Lyon, France?

(7 Posts)
interwebmum Thu 20-Jun-13 21:29:02

Hello,
I'll be moving to Lyon soon and wondered if there are any mums out there with babies who might like to meet up? From what I understand there's not much in terms of baby and mother clubs and groups, so it would be lovely to make contact with any SAHMs.
My DD is 6 months.
smile

interwebmum Fri 21-Jun-13 19:57:00

Tumbleweed....

Tedder Fri 21-Jun-13 21:47:43

Hi, I'm not in Lyon but am in Clermont Ferrand which is about 2 hour drive away. We have an international womens club based here (lots of expat families as it's the home of Michelin) and there is a mum and baby group which meets every 2 weeks and does other activities...picnics etc. However we are probably too far for it to be regularly convenient for you but there is an English mum in the group who moved from Lyon so I will ask her if she knows of anything. Lyon is amazing! Such a cool place to live I imagine....more cosmopolitan than Clermont Ferrand!

Tedder Fri 21-Jun-13 21:49:04

How's your French?

interwebmum Sun 23-Jun-13 08:55:39

Hi Tedder
Thanks for the response. I think it's going to be too far to head over to your neck of the woods sadly. But it's encouraging to know that there is stuff going on out there. Do you think it's just the expats who are doing baby groups though?
My French is quite good so that's not really a problem. I was thinking about starting my own group if I can't find anything.
Are you enjoying living in France?

Tedder Sun 30-Jun-13 11:37:41

Hi, I haven't found much in the way of French mum and baby groups. But you really should join the local AVF....www.avf.assoc.fr it's an association for newcomers to an area....all major towns have a branch and it's brilliant.

It will be a really useful way of meeting people and my local AVF does have a mum and baby group.

interwebmum Mon 08-Jul-13 09:47:14

Hi, thanks again for getting back to me. We are finally here and settling in nicely. Lyon is great! I'll be popping down to my local Avf toute suite.
I also found a group for English speaking mums, so I plan to give that a go too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now