Stockholm International Schools?

(6 Posts)
mngm Tue 14-Jan-14 20:28:40

They are 7 and 10, are the fees high in the schools there or vary like in cph. I'm worried about what you said about the waiting lists as we will have to move quick once the country has been decided, complete nightmare! I will go look at the school you said now. Have you heard anything about the stockholm international school, that one keeps coming up. Many thanks, oh, did you move there in the end or commute?

13loki Fri 10-Jan-14 14:24:09

What age children? Do they speak Danish? How long would you be moving for? If long term and children over 9/10, i would recommend International Engelska Skolan, but I think all stockholm schools have a waiting list.

mngm Fri 10-Jan-14 11:53:27

Hi, did you move to Stockholm in the end, we are in cph and possibly moving so need help with schools again. (We are English). Would love to hear from you. Thanks

BaskingTurtle Tue 30-Jul-13 00:39:26

Oh, sorry, the IB program in Sigtuna is in English, and it's a boarding school. www.sshl.se/en/study-programmes/

My friend sends her kids to an international English pre-school in Stockholm and she likes it very much. www.mothergoose.nu/

BaskingTurtle Tue 30-Jul-13 00:32:47

There is an English-speaking international school in Enskede and one in Nacka (both areas of Stockholm). See: http://nacka.engelska.se/

There is of course the very famous international school in Sigtuna, just to the North (commuting distance) but that's Swedish. http://www.sshl.se/

lalasmum11 Thu 20-Jun-13 14:57:31

We are currently living in Copenhagen and my daughter attends a lovely school here. I have a possibility of a job in Stockholm, which if I got it would intend to commute for the first year ( combination of two days there and working from home) but long term it would make more sense to look at a move. Want to figure out my sums etc and want to check out the schools there. We use a British based catholic school at present and fees are quite low. Doubt we would be so lucky but would like to check out the options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now