WHERE'S BEST TO LIVE IN NZ ETC PART 7 !!

(1000 Posts)
frikonastick Mon 06-May-13 06:42:08

Come oooonnnnnn MNHQ, where's our medal grin

Frikonastick Sun 06-Oct-13 09:12:01

The last three/four days here have been spectacular weather. Beautiful perfect days :-) spent them mostly on the beach!

vvviola Mon 07-Oct-13 01:26:59

Doc not sure whether it's start of CP or something else. Has given me a bag so I can try to get a urine sample. Is proving impossible.

And DH is being an arse. Actually, he's not really, he's just trying to get work done so has shut himself in his office. I'm just grumpy because I have tonnes of work to do and I'd love to be able to shut myself in my office and let someone else deal with all the illnesses. sad

justaboutatpeace Mon 07-Oct-13 01:42:24

it sucks when that happens, vvv, my sympathies.

Frikonastick Mon 07-Oct-13 04:00:38

Doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for my FIL. He hasn't regained consciousness and has multiple organ failure. They want to turn machines off as its now unethical. SIL has flown to help MIL make the decision.

Now really really need to buy a house because MIL will be moving to us. It's not going to work if she doesn't have her own space, and the house we are in now has plenty of bedrooms, but no separate sort of living space.

Went to look at this one yesterday

www.trademe.co.nz/property/residential-property-for-sale/auction-513804537.htm

We had looked at it before, but it was on for much much more, now dropped price into range that is more sensible. Waiting on building file from council.

AB how's it all going?

Frikonastick Mon 07-Oct-13 04:03:29

Just read that back, it sounds very cold! I'm not feeling like that at all, I think I'm just trying to focus on things to do, type of thing.

Sibble Mon 07-Oct-13 04:45:44

frik not cold just practical. House ticks alot of boxes for me, view, pool, some grass for boys - if you like it hope you get it.

justaboutatpeace Mon 07-Oct-13 05:40:26

good luck with house - yes you don't sound cold for thinking about other things!

Sibble Mon 07-Oct-13 20:31:46

Spend half my life thinking 'if only I could have a few child free hours/days', last night both boys did unplanned sleepovers so dh and I tucked into the very large roast dinner I had prepared expecting to have everybody at home then sat and watched TV. This morning I'm at a loss what to do without them. Think I might do some work then put some more veggies in. Can't win they drive me mad when they are here and I'm at a loss when they're not. Ds1 not back until Friday, ds 2 not sure!

AngryBeaver Mon 07-Oct-13 21:24:18

Hi everyone.
Vvv, sorry to hear about cp, you really seem to be having a run of it! sad
Frick, no it didn't sound unfeeling.
Just like you e got you're practical head on.
Hope you get your house if you like it. Pool and position by the sea look FAB!

We have gone unconditional on our house, just waiting for a moving date!! grin

Next worry.
Scan on the 14th. It's the important one.
I am (Scuse my French) shitting bricks.
I really am.
Really really.
A.lot.
I've gone all funny typing it.
I keep saying to myself, right. Well, there won't be a heartbeat this time, so that's that.
Then I say, and IF there is(which there won't be, so get over it) there won't be a nasal bone.
sad
Anyway, stop being maudlin AB.
We've got visitors today so that'll be nice. Going to get them from the ferry soon.

Frikonastick Mon 07-Oct-13 21:35:37

DH had to make the call this morning. They are now withdrawing FIL from life support and say it could be a day or a week while nature takes its course. Spent the morning on Skype letting everyone know to be prepared. MIL is being remarkable, am so grateful that she is bearing up. And so proud of DH, he is being so supportive to everyone, so loving and so very brave. But I'm also worried sick about him and his own stress levels. Tried to convince him to not go in to work today, just take the kayak out and not come back all day. But he says he can't, that work have been so supportive that he can't take any time unless absolutely necessary.

AB, wishing you calm thoughts :-)

vvviola Mon 07-Oct-13 21:55:24

Sending you and your DH much love, Frik. It must be so hard for you both. Your DH sounds a bit like mine... went into work the morning after he found out his Dad had passed away as "work were being so good about letting him take time off to travel back to NZ for the funeral". Nothing anyone could say would convince him otherwise.

AB, for various (relatively frivolous) reasons I haven't got many calming vibes left... but every one of them is on the way to you. Hang in there xx

WhatSheSaid Mon 07-Oct-13 21:57:58

I'm sorry to hear about your fil frik

And I'm sorry it's so stressful for you AB, fingers crossed for the 14th

justaboutatpeace Tue 08-Oct-13 00:29:12

Frik, I had somehow got confused and thought DH was in SA rather than at home with you.
That must be extremely tough for you both.

AB - yes, indeed, calming vibes. I so know that will-it-won't-it mind game you play with yourself prior to scans!

Frikonastick Tue 08-Oct-13 04:55:11

Justa, he was there for two weeks, came back. Now gearing up to go back again. Just not sure when exactly.

Got building file, it's huge! House was built in 1964, pool went in 1974, it's older than me! So, lots to still trawl through. Hopefully it's all good though

justaboutatpeace Tue 08-Oct-13 05:01:10

(fingers crossed)

We had some nice news, the zoopla report came through for our UK properties and we are not currently in negative equity for either of them. We even have a small surplus. It's a nice feeling. Now if we just hold on....

vvviola Tue 08-Oct-13 06:04:43

~whimper~

Spot on DD2's cheek that looks suspicious.

And DD1 came home from holiday club complaining of feeling funny... and with a temperature of 39.5 sad

I know it's minor in the grand scheme of everything. But I just wish we could catch a break illness-wise.

justaboutatpeace Tue 08-Oct-13 06:29:05

Oh it's grim when you have a run of illhealth with the kids. We had a tummy bug inexorably working its way around the family last week and I was so miserable with all the sleepless nights etc.

giantpenguinmonster Tue 08-Oct-13 07:03:18

I'm so sorry Frik.

AB- I'll be thinking of you on the 14th.

Vvv- kiddie illness is grim. Hang in there.

Remember we are living the dream folks!

DD is still giving me hell. She refused to go to sleep last night ad it is hard to tell if she is missing DH or putting it on. I'm broken today. Although this seems so silly when I hear what everyone else is going through.

Has anyone ever had an internet shop not arrive? I ordered something over the phone from Whitestuff three weeks ago and it hasn't arrived. They didn't send me any sort of emails about it- dispatch etc but I've spoken to them on phone a few time as they also overcharged me. Their customer service has been shit and now I'm going to have to get them to try and trace it. I hope they refund me!

justaboutatpeace Tue 08-Oct-13 08:28:44

No but I ordered a pair of M and S shoes - having worn their shoes without issue for TWENTY YEARS in the same size - and they have arrived a size too small.
I am going to keep them for best cos they are lovely, all pointy and nice, but definitely not for everyday wear, boohoo!

giantpenguinmonster Tue 08-Oct-13 08:42:20

Boo. I've had a few disasters of the too small variety. But I convince myself I will lose a few lbs and make them fit.

Frikonastick Tue 08-Oct-13 18:31:53

My FIL passed away last night.

Sibble Tue 08-Oct-13 19:02:14

Frik so sorry. Is your DH going over? Take care.

Frikonastick Tue 08-Oct-13 21:30:25

Thanks sibble, yes he will, in a weeks time. He and SIL need to pack mil up to come to us. So, sell cars, furniture, close accounts etc etc etc

AngryBeaver Tue 08-Oct-13 21:33:05

Ah, I'm sorry for you guys, frick sad
a tough time indeed.
At least mil will have you all to support her xx

Frikonastick Tue 08-Oct-13 21:38:23

Thanks AB, yes SIL has been great and her husband is going to fly in too, so that will be a big help. Just so much to do. It just happened really quickly. Less than eight hours after they switched off the dialysis machines. SIL and mil were with him which is a relief.

This thread is not accepting new messages.