Any one in the Netherlands watch the Investiture of King Willem-Alexander today

(7 Posts)
goodiegoodieyumyum Tue 30-Apr-13 15:34:56

I thought it was a lovely day starting with Beatrix signing the document for him to become king, to the actual investiture, I tears in my eyes.

They seem a very close family and Beatrix appeared so happy for her son, I loved it when they were on the balcony and Queen Maxima held Princess Beatrix's hand it was so sweet and lovely to see a ryal family showing so much emotion.

goodiegoodieyumyum Tue 30-Apr-13 15:35:41

Royal even

I'm not living there now but was born there. I've always been quite proud of the royal family, they seem to be more in touch with the people of their country than the British lot.

Have not managed to watch it as on a training course with work all day but did wear my orange scarf in honour of hte occasion!
Proud Dutchie here despite not having lived there for nearly 20 years...

crunchbag Tue 30-Apr-13 16:38:40

Another proud Dutchie here living in England. Was able to watch quite a bit of it on bvn.
I surprised myself by feeling quite emotional when they signed the document.

goodiegoodieyumyum Tue 30-Apr-13 18:06:42

I had tears in my eyes several times today, watching Beatrix and Willem-Alexander together as the document was going round the room being signed they were both so happy and Maxima looked like she was trying very hard not to cry.

Again when Willem-Alexander spoke in the church, even though my Dutch is pretty bad I still understood enough to make me want to cry.

muminthealps Fri 03-May-13 14:18:01

Despite having lived outside the Netherlands for the past decade, I got totally emotional watching our royal family. I even got a bit homesick, something that has never happened to me before! If you are intetested you can read all about it on my blog: http://living-in-an-expat-bubble. blogspot.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now