Anyone used Air France to bring their pets back to UK

(5 Posts)
Lozzamack Mon 22-Apr-13 15:47:36

We are moving from Singapore to UK soon and I am looking at costs for shipping our 2 cats back. The costs offered by companies here are outrageous! Has anyone used Air France to do this?

tb Sat 27-Apr-13 12:29:48

We used Air France to move our cat from the UK to France - it was expensive. It was 6 years ago, and only UK to France and from memory was about £500.

Our cat got quite seriously dehydrated and it was a little bit touch and go for a week or so. It was further complicated by the fact that the removal men were late, and our first load contained her usual food.

Lozzamack Tue 07-May-13 11:53:13

Thanks tb. I have been quoted here Singapore to Heathrow $2,500 per cat. It is a lot of money so I was considering the Air France route but maybe it might just be too much stress and hassle. How did the cat become so dehydrated? I thought you were allowed to feed and give water during the flight?

One of my cats is deaf and howls like a banshee so maybe having her in a cage in a cabin would just be too stressful for us allsmile

Thanks for your reply

Hazeydays Mon 27-May-13 22:26:46

just dont use KLM. I ended up with two caged puppies that had to be left at the airport in Malawi. I howled my eyes out all the way home and had to book another flight to go back and get them!

I found I really useful company in joburg "petwings" which helped to expedite the whole process and helped to organise transfers.

I hope you have some good luck with this, I know how stressful it is but worthwhile in the end!

MasterOfTheYoniverse Tue 28-May-13 05:29:15

Hope they treat pets better than children on long haul flights is all I can say!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now