Hello Denmark!

(4 Posts)

We are moving to Aarhus this summer, DH works for a Danish company. Three DC (9, 6 and 4 years). First, hello <<waves>> to all mumsnetters in Denmark. How are you finding it, expats? How cold does it get in the winter? Second, I have a mammoth task - I have a child with complex special needs. I need him to access the special education system in Denmark and I have no idea how to get help with the paperwork, I have emailed a solicitor in Aarhus but got no response, so any info would be gratefully received.

I don't live in Denmark, but my Danish husband assures me the weather is not much different to the UK, I have been there in the winter and I don't think it much different. If you get in touch with the Kommune ( Local council) in Aarhus they should be able to answer your questions about schooling or put you in touch with the right people. hope that helps.

Thank you!

lalasmum11 Fri 01-Mar-13 03:14:36

Hi there from Copenhagen !

Agree, find out your local Kommune and send them an email. They should help you with all you need to know. I was onto mine a few times before I came Re schooling and childcare and they were very helpful. Just get the paperwork cracking for your and your family's CPR number as soon as you arrive. Very hard to get anything done without that magic number, but once you have it everything works smoothly.

So far winters are ok. You would be further north than me. Not quite the same as UK ( lived in London and Edinburgh previously). It started snowing here beg of Dec and continued for three weeks. Didn't get above freezing until this week so the snow/ice was permamently on the ground. Had some snow in Jan/feb but nothing crazy. It's much drier here so I find it quite pleasant. Though the Danes think it rains a lot , it's nothing compared to UK or Ireland.

Any other questions fire ahead and will see can I help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now