ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

WHERE'S BEST TO LIVE IN NZ ETC :PART 6!!!

(1000 Posts)
AngryBeaver Mon 18-Feb-13 18:23:37

Wow! Part 6...got to be a record.

MN Towers, where's our prize?!

AngryBeaver Fri 01-Mar-13 18:38:01

I think I've spoken about the casual racism before, too. Really awful actually. Dh has his head in his hands in news meetings. He has spoken up before but his laughed down.
The guy that owns the place where Mum is staying told her that Maori are inherently lazy. His bil is a Maori and his neices and nephews hmm Christmas get togethers must be fun!

justs has your mum gone now? I saw your fb post...naughty you!

My mum is going in 10 days. I will miss her so much.
Then with the move to the island on te 15, there is so much change coming.

Oh..and I just found out that ds1 has feckin' WORMS [baulk] Anyone any experience?
I think the whold family has to take a one off medcine. Can you get it over the counter??As it's Sat, the dr's are closed.

(Also, I bet I won't be able to take anything as we are "trying")

So gross, why do we keep getting gross things??
Get rid of nits and get arse parasites! SUCH fun!

AngryBeaver Fri 01-Mar-13 18:42:14

Oh and just a little moan. We are having an early birthday for dd so Granny and her friends from here can come.
I am supposedt to be doing a mummy and baby dolphin cake/s.
The oven in this house is fecking ridiculous and burns everything on top whilset leaving it raw inside.
Well that happened to cakes even though I covered in foil.
Dd saw the cakes and said...oooh, chocolate! (erm no, burnt madeira!)

So have scraped all the burnt off and shall continue to make dolphins.

Will cut the cake and give it to kids on departure. Happy in the knowledge I won't have to face them again!!.
...TAXI! grin

justaboutchilledout Fri 01-Mar-13 18:45:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

vvviola Fri 01-Mar-13 18:50:10

AB, unfortunately yes, we have experience with worms hmmhmm yuk yuk yuk.

You can get the stuff over the counter - it's like little squares of chocolate so is a piece of cake to get them to take it. Everyone should be dosed, adults included, but when DD1 had them, I couldn't take it as I was bf, and DD2 was too little. So it was just DD1 & DH.

Was all bedding, cuddly toys used in bed etc as hot as you can. It was suggested that I cover my nose & mouth when stripping beds as the eggs can get thrown up into the air.

Cut kids nails short & put kids in underwear at night for a while. Lots of handwashing and it should be fine.

I was really embarrassed going into chemist but she kind of shrugged her shoulders and said it was rife in kindys especially. Playdoh being the biggest culprit, because some people done bother treating. hmm

Just what you didn't need....

WhatSheSaid Fri 01-Mar-13 18:54:23

How's the rental search going AB?

We haven't had worms but yes, I have heard the chocolate-y treatment is v easy to get kids to take (no surprises there).

frikonastick Fri 01-Mar-13 20:08:40

Deworming is actually no biggie, we have lived in such lovely places that we used to dose ourselves every 6 months as a matter of course.......

Good luck with 'trying' AB

justaboutchilledout Fri 01-Mar-13 21:48:57

thelittlestkiwi Sat 02-Mar-13 02:45:43

I wormed us all a few weeks ago when DD had an itchy bum. It was much gentler than I expected. I should have done it years ago given the dodgy food I've eaten in dodgy places.

thelittlestkiwi Sat 02-Mar-13 06:44:58

I've just found a dead cockroach in our dishwasher. Which leaves me with two thoughts. First, they can't really survive anything (thanks Bosch!). And second, how long have my dishes been rinsed in weak cockroach tea?

Yuck. Wine o'clock I think.

lollystix Sat 02-Mar-13 08:07:38

OK - the worm thing. I don't think we've had them yet but I have heard you can deworm yourself regularly like cats. What should I buy?

AngryBeaver Sat 02-Mar-13 08:36:23

Oh fucking hell.MASSIVE disaster and It's my fault.
The estate agent told me 36 Calais Terrace and she thoght it was still on trademe. So I get it up, go, hmm yeah, that's fine...and we scanned back the contract today.
Just before ds clled me in and said "you've been looking at the wrong fecking house?? The one we've saigned for is NEXTDOOR, it's TIINY and has no garage"
What the actual eff am I going to do now??
We move in 12 days and there are no more houses. Can't affors storage, we will be tied into this house for a year!
Shit

AngryBeaver Sat 02-Mar-13 08:47:04

Sorry for grammar, typos..am completely stressing

justaboutchilledout Sat 02-Mar-13 08:51:21

AngryBeaver Sat 02-Mar-13 08:54:20

Thanks justa. But this is the kids (and my) bikes, lawnmower etc stuff you needaccess to regularly. I have properly fucked up

justaboutchilledout Sat 02-Mar-13 08:55:08

AngryBeaver Sat 02-Mar-13 10:06:49

I don't know. More thn we've got, I'm guessing!
4 weeks rent upfront, 4 weeks bond, $600 finders fee, $1000's removals = us,flat broke sad

AngryBeaver Sat 02-Mar-13 10:08:00

Have made a last min appealo n Waiheke fb and have had peope pm me telling me to ask my "spirit guide" for help.
I asked if my spirit guide worked at Ray White?!

WhatSheSaid Sat 02-Mar-13 18:13:36

How tiny is the tiny house? Is it 2 or 3 beds?

WhatSheSaid Sat 02-Mar-13 18:14:41

And grin at "ask your spirit guide". I love Waiheke. That's not much use to you though.

AngryBeaver Sat 02-Mar-13 19:15:34

I know wss,that conversation ended with "namste"smile

It's 3 bed, but basically a bloody bach. Nogarage. No idea how big bedrooms are, they could all be single. And we have SO much stuff. We can't just put a tarpaulin over it. And the contract ties us in for a year.

Am so completely stressed.

WhatSheSaid Sat 02-Mar-13 21:23:09

So are you tied into it now?

Bunnings have a self assembly shed for 189, there is a Placemakers on the islamd which prpb wont be as cheap but may have something in a aimilar price range.

Not the biggest shed in the world and yes ita more dollars but it may help.

Maybe search on MN for storage ideas, people in 2 bed flats etc often have good ideas.

Friend of mine has those big shallow plastic tubs on wheels that roll under beds.

If there s any boxes you dont need immediately wehave lots of space in our garage too.
Scuse typos.

justaboutchilledout Sat 02-Mar-13 21:36:33

AngryBeaver Sun 03-Mar-13 08:34:28

I think we have no choice but to take it. There is nothing else anyway.
Dh thinks there may be underhouse storage, so that's something.
But someone pm'd me asking which house it was, and then said, oh I know it we lived next dooe, yes it's tiny and on an odd section so not much garden sad

I have had another pm, that although well meaning and kind, makes NO sense to me! Shall I show you or is that out of order dyou think?
I think so really, but I did laugh!

WhatSheSaid Sun 03-Mar-13 08:55:45

Yes, tell us the other PM! <nosey>

justaboutchilledout Sun 03-Mar-13 09:06:12

This thread is not accepting new messages.