WHERE'S BEST TO LIVE IN NZ ETC :PART 6!!!

(1000 Posts)
AngryBeaver Mon 18-Feb-13 18:23:37

Wow! Part 6...got to be a record.

MN Towers, where's our prize?!

vvviola Thu 02-May-13 03:23:05

Got a call halfway through lectures to come collect DD2 from crèche ... Hand, foot and mouth. hmm (Again! Is that possible?!)

Thankfully DH was home and able to pick her up until I got back. But poor DD1 will have a dull day at home tomorrow now instead of heading out, just the two of us.

Poor little DD2, might explain why she's had her fingers in her mouth so much over the past couple of days... and we just thought she was teething blushblush

WhatSheSaid Thu 02-May-13 04:08:23

Yes they can get hand foot six months and mouth many times.whem I worked in daycare there was an outbreak about every six months and it's v contagious.

WhatSheSaid Thu 02-May-13 05:21:46

Excuse the typos, it's near-impossible to post from my phone.

lollystix Thu 02-May-13 07:24:56

Ds4 had that last week and he was just dreadful. Cried all weekend before spots came and I couldn't work it out.

justaboutalittlefrazzled Thu 02-May-13 10:06:12

I think DS3 might have had it last week. He had spots on his legs and arms and near his mouth. It's been going round his kohanga so to be on the safe side I kept him off.

Sibble Thu 02-May-13 21:36:47

Hand, foot and mouth - luckily neither of mine caught it even though it was rife at their day cares.

Well last day of the school holidays, feels like it's flown by probably as I've only had 1 this week (still no news from ds1 am going to text the Mum today as we are planning on going to the beach for the weekend and don't want to not be here when they get back!). Had a lovely week with ds2 who rarely gets one on one time. We've been to the skates park, movies, had friends over etc etc.... More movies today as he's knackered and is staying at a friends tonight while dh and I go out for dinner - now what to wear and where to go - child free eating out is a rarity need to plan!

frikonastick Fri 03-May-13 06:15:20

Uumm, I'm a genius.

Of epic proportions.

Was jumping on the trampoline with DD and landed on a ball that had been left on the trampoline and have twisted my ankle.

Can't put any weight on it and DH has made me promise if I still can't tomorrow I have to go to the docs/hospital

I can't believe how stupid I am. Especially as yesterday I took the balls off before jumping as it was so clearly a fucking hazard!

All I can think is the bedroom is upstairs :-( how the hell am I going to get up there. On my bum, going backwards I suspect!

Aaaarrrggghhhh, so annoyed!

justaboutalittlefrazzled Fri 03-May-13 06:23:11

Oh frik! You poor thing!
I think you should go to the local accident and medical clinic NOW. It sounds as if you need an X-ray and quite possibly have it put in plaster (they often do that as a precaution here even if X-ray clear in case break shows up in a few days)

frikonastick Fri 03-May-13 06:35:23

It's not broken, I've broken the other ankle before and that was another level of excruciating. I'm sure it's just badly sprained. I will go tomorrow if i stilly ant put weight on it. Have taken anti inflams and pain killers, lying on couch with foot elevated. I just feel so stupid!

vvviola Fri 03-May-13 06:36:44

Ouch frik! hmm

I'm seconding justa on the trip to A&E this evening. DH did a similar injury to himself (stood on a cricket ball when playing indoor cricket) not long after we met. He was on crutches for weeks with a badly torn ligament and was meant to get physio not that he did, because, well, he's a bit like that hmm

giantpenguinmonster Fri 03-May-13 07:06:04

Oh frik, maybe you should go now? And take some pamol!!

giantpenguinmonster Fri 03-May-13 07:09:01

Ops, I've just name changed btw. Can you guess who I was ;-)

WhatSheSaid Fri 03-May-13 11:13:15

You are thelittlestkiei. Do I win a prize?

lollystix Fri 03-May-13 11:30:29

Littlest wouldn't name change?!

AngryBeaver Fri 03-May-13 12:21:52

Ouchies! As my lot say! Get thee to hozzi tomo if no better!
lolly are you still ere? Meet you for a run tomo??!

AngryBeaver Fri 03-May-13 12:23:51

Sorry, I'm not checking here as often a our laptop as died& dh Santa put mn on the iMac yet...and I ave only just worked out how to ghetto sat message on the ipiad confused

AngryBeaver Fri 03-May-13 12:24:27

Santa!? Dh!

WhatSheSaid Fri 03-May-13 19:25:28

How are you today frik?

justaboutalittlefrazzled Fri 03-May-13 20:28:16

Ha ha to Santa sorting out MN. He bloody should. More useful than plastic tat.

Anyone in Auckland fancy sharing a Tesco online shop? I have a couple of bits I need to get but not enough to get the discount FFSUMMER (you have to spend 50 squid). It occurred to me that if anyone was in the same boat we could share a blue plastic bag from the UK.

giantpenguinmonster Fri 03-May-13 20:54:04

Hee hee, was it the bird theme?

How are you frik?

frikonastick Fri 03-May-13 21:52:23

Swelling down and I can put weight on. So much better thanks. DH is still angling for me to go to the docs, but I honestly am ok. Sore, but I really don't think anything is very damaged. I actually was very lucky. Because if ever there was a way to break your bloody ankle, jumping on a ball on a trampoline ought to do it!!

In other news DD has taken to waking in the night again and calling out to us. I really really really thought we had finally earned full night sleep (barring illness) until the teenage years now! She only started sleeping through when she was 3 and now, at 4.5 she's regressed! I really need to get a grip about it because I actually felt murderous last night.

It has dawned a lovely day here, actually it's been lovely the last few days. Colder, but blue skies and sunshine :-)

lollystix Fri 03-May-13 22:09:08

Back on mainland AB. DH and I just got hotel night out thru work. Slept in till 8am! Feel like a completely new woman.

Go to Whitecross Frik!!

vvviola Sat 04-May-13 07:01:39

Oh sod it. Just saw a job on the Auckland council website which basically might as well say "we are looking for vvviola". But it's full-time hmm

Would I be mad to apply and see if they would let me off one morning & one afternoon a week to keep going with my Masters?

It would most likely sort out our financial issues although we'd have to get an awful lot more childcare.

Oh I really don't know hmm If only the job had been advertised in November when I'd be finished my Masters hmm

WhatSheSaid Sat 04-May-13 07:40:24

Tricky one, vvviola. Is is the sort of job where a similar one with part time hours may come up sometime?

vvviola Sat 04-May-13 08:10:55

I doubt it WSS. It's a full time sort of job unless there is job-sharing, and I haven't seen any indication that that would be offered.

And unless it's a section that has high turnover, I wouldn't imagine there are many similar jobs out there at all.

I can't even find an indication of salary for it which would help in my decision to even apply (if it's too low, the extra childcare & extra stress just wouldn't be worth it).

I'd kind of resigned myself to not finding anything in my field while we were here, so this has totally thrown me.

This thread is not accepting new messages.