WHERE'S BEST TO LIVE IN NZ ETC :PART 6!!!

(1000 Posts)
AngryBeaver Mon 18-Feb-13 18:23:37

Wow! Part 6...got to be a record.

MN Towers, where's our prize?!

lollystix Tue 09-Apr-13 10:48:11

Oh Frik, Littlest, justabout - I'm crying now, I'm so sorry. sad

AngryBeaver Tue 09-Apr-13 10:51:55

Oh frick. I am so sad for you.
I cannot begin to imagine the enormity of losing a life's companion so early on in your journey together.
Unthinkabley cruel and unjust.

I am thinking of you, believe me x

WhatSheSaid Tue 09-Apr-13 18:48:46

frik so sorry about your friend.

Sibble Tue 09-Apr-13 19:34:41

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said so beautifully but thinking of you.

meerkate Tue 09-Apr-13 22:20:10

Ah, Frik - utterly sorry, and sending hugs through the ether, I saw the beautiful pic you posted on FB and my heart sank when realisation hit. Lots and lots of love. My only experience of such loss led me to desperately hope and pray that such separation is truly only a temporary one. How else to bear the grief in this world, and that terrible feeling of abandonment and despair that we feel when one we have loved is gone? You're not alone, though you may feel it. We all love you already and we haven't even met you xxx

justaboutalittlefrazzled Wed 10-Apr-13 02:40:23

How are you today frik? Stupid question. Hugs.

Can I just share some unexpected good news? We had DS1's IEP at school today and it was astonishing how many of the developmental issues we'd been having had resolved. Honestly, if it wasn't for the pain and wheelchair (pretty major physical issues I admit) I would have expected them to sign him off their SN register, he is doing so well.

justaboutalittlefrazzled Wed 10-Apr-13 02:44:21

And - to be completely trivial - those of you who like going out for breakfast as a family at weekends, Pickles on Apollo (Mairangi Bay) has got a Groupon deal today. $19 for two, $35 for four, including drink. Their breakfasts are excellent, we did them a few months ago, the last time they had a deal - and you can get the lunch menu as well. Definitely worth it if you are both skint and hedonistic

thelittlestkiwi Wed 10-Apr-13 03:41:10

Also still thinking of you frik.

Juastabout- that is great news.

I've been doing some research into woollyhugs and it appears to be rather more complicated than I first thought. The website is quite cool and has some nice links to patterns but I think I may try contributing a few square by post first as the organisation seems a bit daunting. We'd need 36 squares- but they can be knitted as well as crocheted.

www.woollyhugs.com/

Vvv- I'd be happy to teach you to crochet although I am self taught off of youtube so it would be the blind leading the blind. I prefer it to knitting these days cos it is easier to unpick when you make a mistake. I find patterns a bit of a challenge though.

AngryBeaver Wed 10-Apr-13 04:31:44

Aw, meerkate,
you are lovely.

frick..thinking of you xxx

justa...do do do do do doooooooo( that was my bugle!) FAB news!

frikonastick Wed 10-Apr-13 07:22:44

Thank you so much, all of you for being so lovely and kind. I feel a bit better today, less crazed. It is mine and DHs wedding anniversary and he had planned to whisk me off to breakfast while DD was at school, but she ended up having a vomiting session last night, for which we are soooo not equipped as we are still waiting for our shipment, so only have one of everything! So she didn't go to school today, and it has taken THREE seperate washes of sheet on its own, duvet cover n it's own, and duvet inner on its own to get it all cleaned up. Thats NINE washes. insane!!! So the washing machine has been running the entire day. I have just this minute started on the soft toys that got caught in the crossfire.....

But honestly it's just as well, my eyes are still so swollen I'm not really fit for public consumption. Maybe tomorrow.

Lots of people have beenosting their condolences on her facebook page. It's ok if I don't right?

frikonastick Wed 10-Apr-13 07:23:14

And justa, lovely news :-)

justaboutalittlefrazzled Wed 10-Apr-13 09:16:33

Thank you guys. Realisticlaly I know that it is like anything, it's all presenting as OK because he is well-managed and on medication - but fuck it, he's well-managed and on medication and IT'S WORKING!

Frik, no reason why you should post on her FB page at all.

justaboutalittlefrazzled Wed 10-Apr-13 09:17:10

and (vom) at the three washes. I have got to the stage where I scrape it all off prewash...(boak)

frikonastick Wed 10-Apr-13 09:55:34

I did! At least, in my sleeping tablet induced haze I thought I did. And it was my last one too, I had been saving it for an emergency (haven't gotten round to getting a doctor and asking for prescription yet) and then spent night awake with DD and then the Skype started at 5:30am, so complete waste.

I'm a bit worried how bitter I feel about my tablet!

Finally got through all the soft animals. Had a major sob because I was scared to see if DDs most beloved one had made it through (been with her since she was born) I put him in a sock just to double proof but was terrified he would have fallen apart and n the end DH hd to come look first.

At this rate i will never leave the house so punched up does my face look.

vvviola Wed 10-Apr-13 21:48:56

Oh frik hmm my heart goes out to you. Xxx

Cleaning up after sickness is no fun either. I've come up with a few techniques (not entirely pleasant, but they save on washing - which was more important where we used to live : real winters & no tumble drier!). I stick sheets in the bath and use the shower attachment to wash them down, then at least they can be left until the morning to be washed. My other technique is even less pleasant - I usually make the calculation (if I'm on the scene) that I wash easier than sheets & bedding, so lift child on to me & away from bed. (Which is why, when children are sick I always have a towel over my shoulder)

And in less horrible topics...

... my toes! They're cold!! I'm going to have to find shoes soon. And socks. I do not approve.angry

(Post-school run coffee tomorrow justa? And anyone else who is free? Are we childfree or with small bodies? Is all the same to me, might just change our location grin)

justaboutalittlefrazzled Wed 10-Apr-13 22:13:25

I will have DS3, I'm afraid - Windsor Park?

frikonastick Wed 10-Apr-13 23:00:41

I think we are going to have to move to auckland <dramatic>

Can't have you coffee ing without me

theartfulsoapdodger Wed 10-Apr-13 23:02:27

Sorry to hear that Frik sad

Justa that's great news! Sorry cant do coffee tomorrow as having my hair done smile. Have fun!

Sibble Thu 11-Apr-13 00:26:46

Frik - hope you manage to get some sleep tonight.

On a very trivial note I have just come back from Farmers sale - it is really quite good. I managed to get some things reduced to $10 from $30 and $40 for secret santa presents, the boys some Christmas and Birthday presents (Whitcoulls books - $3.50 etc..) and myself some bras - went wild and bought 4 all $10 and $20 each. What's the chance of me remembering what I bought and where I put it come December! On a not so good note, banked a cheque for 200pounds from the UK to pay for it (Nan has just remembered she forgot Christmas hmm) and it exchanged at $358 shock I know the days of getting $600 are long gone - but that was ridiculously low. Will have to start leaving it in the UK!

Now need to do some work to pay for it all!

thelittlestkiwi Thu 11-Apr-13 02:16:05

The exchange rate is flipping awful isn't it Sibble. I've been trying desperately to pay our tax bill without moving money. It's taken a hell of a lot of juggling!

Wish I could do coffee but DD does swimming on Friday mornings.

Frik- I've been taking Gee lictus for a cough. Man, does it put you too sleep. I've been having odd dreams and just saw it contains a tiny, tiny bit of morphine which might explain them. Not that I would suggest taking drugs for anything other than their prescribed purpose you understand ;-)

frikonastick Thu 11-Apr-13 03:00:06

I think I am going to have to get some tablets from the doctors. Aside from the lack of sleep, when I do drop off I have terrible terrible nightmares. They have been going on for a while now, but are much worse and am now at that stage of putting off going to sleep because I don't want to dream, then dropping off from exhaustion then waking up from nightmare and then being all wound up and unable to go back to sleep.

DD said to me this morning is your head always going to be so big now mommy, because I'm still so swollen up from crying.

Sorry, I realize this is all a bit shit and depressing to read :-(

justaboutalittlefrazzled Thu 11-Apr-13 03:04:00

Zopaclone (sp?) is what they usually prescribe here.
We use melatonin which the docs also will prescribe (is the sleep hormone but not so good at keeping you asleep unless you get time-release type).

Please don't worry about moaning on here. I have moaned on here so much I should get an award.

Exchange rate is terrifying, yes. Thank god we moved our money over when we did - we would have lost the chance to buy.

thelittlestkiwi Thu 11-Apr-13 03:05:18

It's okay frik, don't worry about not being cheery atm. One thing they always recommend is getting out and doing some exercise. Could you try that to help you sleep?

vvviola Thu 11-Apr-13 11:11:38

I'm in denial re exchange rate stuff (especially as it's the dreaded euro that we're exchanging with hmm)

Justa (anyone else free? xMinerva we haven't heard from you in a while??) Windsor Park suits me perfectly. Is 9:15 too early for you? Just name a time, I'm easy grin

justaboutalittlefrazzled Thu 11-Apr-13 11:29:54

No that's great, can drop the kids at school and come straight away. Just a thought, does it open that early?

(off to check)

This thread is not accepting new messages.