Royal Mail Airsure v International Signed For (EU)

(6 Posts)
cumfy Tue 26-Feb-13 19:57:37

Delivered after 7 days.
biscuit

cumfy Sun 24-Feb-13 00:58:42

Ended up using Airsure to France. Supposed to be 2 days.

Crap so far. Day 6. "Delivery attempted".(Strasbourg international court)

Airsure is supposed to record whether it has in fact been delivered or not!

On the basis of this would use International Signed For ...can hardly be worse.

snowballinashoebox Wed 06-Feb-13 17:54:02

I use both these RM services a lot. I think they both have the priority element.
It's a good cheap service with an element of peace of mind.

cumfy Wed 06-Feb-13 15:28:51

Had a quick look round Ebay forums, but all the opinions, (typically pro-Airsure) were a few years old when ISF did not get tracked in the delivery country.

Now in EU full tracking seems standard for ISF.

Would be helpful if RM did a straightforward comparison.

LemonEmmaP Wed 06-Feb-13 15:19:14

As far as I can tell, Airsure is a fast tracked service so should arrive a day quicker. It is fully tracked, but no signature is required on delivery. It mentions that the service is secure, presumably because of the tracking available. International Signed For is also fully tracked but does require the signature (so there are limits e.g can't send to a PO Box) but there is no mention of this service receiving priority handling, so may be a little slower than Airsure. You could ask at the Post Office - they should be able to advise (I work for Post Office but not in this area, so can't offer specific advice).

cumfy Wed 06-Feb-13 15:01:10

Has anyone tried these tracked services (for important docs) ?

Airsure £5, International Signed For £5.15.

It's hard to work out the difference but looks like for EU countries (France specifically) that have tracking as standard it's far better to go for "Signed For" as you get a signature plus all the tracking you'd get with "Airsure".

Really is not clear from RM website though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now