I am so nervous!

(2 Posts)
sadpenguin Tue 08-Jan-13 09:59:44

Hello all.
My DP has been offered a job in Switzerland, and although he is not going to accept the offer he has decided living abroad is something he would like to do and will look for work in Europe now. I have no ties in the UK and no argument to leave. But its such a nerve wracking thing to do - how much will our lives change? He's never travelled or lived in a different country, so I feel I owe him this experience as I've been all over the world! I just find it a daunting prospect, which is odd because I was always away when I was younger smile

ripsishere Wed 09-Jan-13 05:36:44

IMO, the anticipation is sometimes worse than the reality.
If you know where you are going, you can research it and put out feelers for contacts etc.
Moving somewhere blind is stressful. We'd never been to Malaysia before. We are quit enjoying it.
Another factor is the level of support you can expect. In every other country we've lived, immigration, housing and health insurance have been found for us. This time it's been up to us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now