OZ VISA rejected. BUT can DH's sister (who has OZ citizenship) sponsor us?

(9 Posts)
chloeb2002 Tue 08-Jan-13 22:23:37

mosman is right.. mother, father, brother sister.. state or employer.. thats your lot. best option really is employer sponsored. state sponsorship, still runs on points system, so that may well not work.

Mosman Tue 08-Jan-13 13:25:48

No friends can't sponsor you, employers can or the state can or your spouse can.

ODearMe Tue 08-Jan-13 12:51:04

That is interesting Chloe. Would make it impossible for us to be sponsored by DH's sister as she is barely scraping by.

Can friends sponsor you? DH has a friend in Sydney who has offered to sponsor us?

Mosman Tue 08-Jan-13 08:51:52

The mines are making people redundant at rates of knots.

chloeb2002 Tue 08-Jan-13 02:02:27

no.. simply.. she needs lots of money.. the rules are mother father brother sister for sponsorship .. but i think there is a lot about having money for health care needs etc.. when we looked at it for our parents it was $250000 per person sponsored.
So.. what visa did you apply for? sounds like you need to get a job first.. come on a 457.. ( employer sponsored) then look at getting employer sponsored PR 856 after 2 years. My dh would never had become a resident straight off as he didn't get the points. but now we have PR on employer sponsorship.
quantity surveyor.. surely the mines need him? rio tinto or similar?

ODearMe Mon 07-Jan-13 20:00:43

anyone?

ODearMe Mon 07-Jan-13 16:26:59

Anyone?

ODearMe Mon 07-Jan-13 13:49:34

Bump

ODearMe Mon 07-Jan-13 13:35:11

Just that really.

Our VISA was rejected on the grounds that DH's skills as a mechanical quantity surveyor were not required.

My job does not match any of the skills on the wanted list.

However, DH's sister lives in Melbourne but I don't think she is in a strong financial position. Therefore, would she be able to sponsor us?

Thanks for your help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now