living in southampton????

(4 Posts)
tutu100 Mon 07-Jan-13 09:05:46

Wickham has a bit more variety of local shops than Botley. There is a fab ironmongers in Wickham that I love. Depending on whereaboiuts in the area you choose, both Chandler Ford and Hedge End are quite surburban and built up whereas Botley and Wickham are more villagy and coutrysidey.

tutu100 Mon 07-Jan-13 09:03:35

I live just outside the city centre on the east side of Southampton. Why do you want to move here! The areas that you are talking about are all on the outskirts of Southampton. Nice areas but the commute into the centre can be quite stressful due to the volume of traffic from those areas.

Hedge End and Chandlers Ford have good secondary schools. Not sure about infant schools in those areas, but I would imagine they would be good due to the areas that they cover being quite affluent areas.

Hi, do you think you might get a better response posting in Local for Southampton or Chat sections?

This thread is for overseas advice really?

Good luck.

Tres123 Wed 02-Jan-13 22:44:00

Hi all,
We have decided to make the big move from a small cornish town to Southampton, we have been doing our homework on the net plus been there to see whats what but still a bit undecided on which area to set up camp in lol, ideally would love hedge end, botley, wickham or chanders ford, we have a 15yr old and a 7yr old,
any advice you can give will be much appreciated smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now