calling california

(7 Posts)

alright, lived in LA for 10months now, heading home for Christmas and then some but there must be more MNetters on West Coats America?!

CaliforniaSucksSnowballs Wed 19-Dec-12 06:05:13

I'm here. Lucky you getting to go home for Christmas, when do you leave?

Aren't you leaving California? Maybe I'm wrong - weren't you CaliforniaLeaving?! Yeah pretty excited about going home Saturday - not so much jetlag with DC, one of which doesn't bloody sleep anyway!

Where are you in CA?

CaliforniaSucksSnowballs Thu 20-Dec-12 04:03:08

Yeah that's me, still waiting to go. House to sell and then we are off. So last US Christmas, and Dh has to work sad We are north in the hills.
Dd managed to stay awake all the way back one year, she was crazy, then as we are taxiing to the gate to get off she conked out and she's to big for me to carry, so I half walked half carried/dragged her through passport control. I wish you a no jet lag Christmas have lots of fun and chocolate.

What's the likelihood of your house selling soon? Where ate you heading home?

CaliforniaSucksSnowballs Thu 20-Dec-12 16:26:13

We have to actually put it on the market and haven't done that yet grin Dh still has a few more things to fix, he managed to finish replacing some of the wood on the deck before the rain and we don't want to be up for sale over the Christmas and New year holidays.
Theres very little for sale around us, so I hope it doesn't take long.
We'll be back to Wales once we sell.
Where are you spending Christmas?
I think the airports and planes will be full to capacity so happy travels.

Heading back to my parents in Sussex - NOT looking forward to LAX on Saturday!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now