Buying travel insurance while living abroad

(6 Posts)
richardsimmonstanktop Wed 12-Dec-12 19:35:02

If anyone's looking for insurance I bought a year's family policy for £200 from this company: www.journeyman-services.com, after a friend recommended them.

richardsimmonstanktop Tue 04-Dec-12 13:52:43

Hello, thanks for that - $599 for a year's family cover is pretty good; worldnomad.com was $1899, will do some investigating to see why it's so cheap!

Thanks again.

I just googled expat travel insurance and got a load of hits. For example like this

www.healthcareinternational.com/?no_redirect=true. If you scroll down they do travel too

richardsimmonstanktop Tue 04-Dec-12 01:44:10

Hello, thanks for the fast reply.

We live in South America, it's been quite difficult dealing with banks so far (ours hasn't even been able to set up direct debits after three months of trying!) so would rather find something online if possible.

where are you living? We're in Canada and got ours through our local bank. We take a yearly family policy, it's less than 200 iirc.

richardsimmonstanktop Tue 04-Dec-12 01:27:06

Does anyone have any recommendations? I only have experience buying from a UK company while living in the UK, for short trips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now