Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Gift Ideas for mum having masectomy

(3 Posts)
Huffpot Sun 30-Oct-16 20:40:33

Hi, My mum has just been diagnosed with Pagets Breast Disease and an additional lump and is due to have a masectomy in the next couple of weeks.
I live in London and she is in Australia so was wondering if anyone could give me any gift ideas that would be practical and thoughtful as I can't be there with her 😯
Thank you

BackforGood Sun 30-Oct-16 23:56:30

Sorry to hear your Mum is going through this, and that you are so far away - that must be difficult.

Don't know if it's any help, but after an operation, the best things someone gave me (well - it was actually a loan!) was a box of DVDs. Sounds odd, I know, but it was just something that I was able to do, when lacking energy, to while away the hours sitting on the sofa.

I'm sure others will come along with far better suggestions blush but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered.

labradottie Wed 09-Nov-16 19:50:56

After mine I appreciated books, dvds, lip balms, slipper socks, button front nighties (lots of wound checking likely in early days after op). In fact, front opening tops while arm mobility is limited would be handy too. Messages telling her that you care are best of all! flowers for you and your mum

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now