Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Presents

(5 Posts)
Diamondsandpurls Mon 08-Aug-16 17:09:02

Just looking for some help here please. A friend has just been told she has cancer and while prognosis looks good (from the limited info I've had from her so far-she only told me today) she will need lots of treatment and so I'm wondering what nice things I can buy her to make life a bit more enjoyable while she's going through it.

Age 36
She has the best sense of humour I know
She has one dc (1)

I don't have lots of money but would like to put together things I know will be comforting, funny (but appropriate!) and useful.

My immediate thought is a nice warm pashmina type wrap, boiled sweets, DVDs, lip balm and that's as far as I've got. Please tell me if these are rubbish ideas confused.

Thankyou

Potentialmadcatlady Mon 08-Aug-16 17:12:28

Adult colouring book and pens, books by her favourite author, joke book to amuse the nurses and her, nice body sprays, foot cream, bed socks to keep feet warm, nice pjs, facial wipes..

Diamondsandpurls Mon 08-Aug-16 17:28:38

Great, thankyou, will seek out the funniest joke book I can.

justilou Sat 24-Sep-16 22:01:47

Non-scented wipes, lip balm, moisturizer and some mouthwash.

purpleflower23 Thu 01-Dec-16 15:09:55

You sound like a lovely friend!

I would get some of her favourite treats (sweets/chocolates), peppermint tea bags (good for upset stomachs, nausea), some fun/funky slippers (Primark!), magazines, bath bubbles, a nice candle...

You could also maybe make her a playlist she could listen to on her iPod or whatever - favourite songs, music that reminds her of special memories/events you've shared together...

All the best to you both xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now