Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Feeling lonely

(4 Posts)
onebusymum Fri 12-Feb-16 21:16:51

Last April my Mum diagnosed with cancer.
She had an operation then six months of chemo, just before Christmas she had a scan and it had spread to her lympth nodes. She started another sort of chemo after Christmas that was alot stronger, this made her very poorly and was hospitalised for nearly a week, they did another scan and it is now in her liver.
She had the second set of chemo three weeks ago and is still poorly. She had decided that this chemo.was giving her no quality of life, and she didnt want to carry on. I was devested when she told me but I have to respect her desision. She saw the oncologist last week, and he is going t modify the chemo, to try and help, so it isnt so strong. She has decided to give this a shot.
I feel so lonely, like I have noone to talk to about it, friends do text, but I feel like im always saying im down n mums ill. DH just tells me to be strong!!
I just dont know what to do. Im so scared

thesandwich Fri 12-Feb-16 21:18:48

So sorry. Could Macmillan be worth talking to? Take care

Brenna24 Fri 11-Mar-16 22:14:01

Do you have a Maggie's Centre near you? They are fantastic and have a lot of resources to help people affected in any way from cancer, including relatives.

aprilshowers2016 Sun 03-Apr-16 05:45:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now