Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

that British Heart Foundation ad

(5 Posts)
dannydyerismydad Fri 22-Jan-16 17:51:26

BHF is a great charity and their research has benefitted family members significantly.

That bloody ad they are running at the moment is just awful though. DH has a heart condition. It's rare. They can't estimate what his lifespan will be. Every time I turn on the TV I'm reminded of what we may have to go through. It's horrible.

Iwonderif Fri 22-Jan-16 17:59:28

I know which one you mean. It makes me pretty upset when I see it so I can appreciate how it must make you feel. can't offer much in advice other than I'm terribly sorry for how this makes you feel and wish you and your DH much strength.

dannydyerismydad Fri 22-Jan-16 18:49:36

Thank you.

He's fine right now. He's on a good drug regime and to look at him you'd think there was nothing wrong with him. Praying he stays that way for a good long time.

Iwonderif Fri 22-Jan-16 21:23:39

Indeed. Be gentle on yourself. When it comes on quickly mute it or turn over. Don't suffer watching it. Hopefully it'll be off air soon or they'll change it to one not so harrowing.

whatisforteamum Sat 23-Jan-16 10:30:59

Is it the one where the man talks to his son at school ? My dh had a major heart attack and it doesnt bother me i must admit as they are a great charity,That said the cancer research ones have been sad ie the man having chemo when both my parents were,I guess they have to raise awareness its just hitting a nerve when we ve gone through it.I agree the mute button works.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now