Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Please give me hope and tell me I'm worrying for nothing

(7 Posts)
jaabaar Tue 24-Jun-14 10:36:36

Hi

My mum has been unwell.
She felt tired, lost a bit of weight.
She had visible blood in her urine and had constipation and very loose stools alternatively. A test also showed that there is blood in stool.

She has to go for a test in hospital.

Is it cancer or is there a chance it is something else?

Thank you

Elibean Tue 24-Jun-14 11:36:06

Of course there is a chance it could be something else. They just don't know, that's why they need to test...she could have Crohns, or irritable bowel, or an ulcer, or all sorts of things. Or, for that matter, a highly treatable cancer - my BF's mum had bowel cancer twenty years ago, and is still playing tennis at 80 smile

It is scary when a loved one (or ourselves) have a ? over them though, I feel for you. Hang in, you should have answers soon xx

jaabaar Tue 24-Jun-14 18:28:22

Oh thank you so much for those words! I really really appreciate it!

s88 Tue 24-Jun-14 18:29:31

It could even be colitis . my dp has is and those are the symptoms he had at first

GothMummy Tue 24-Jun-14 18:31:09

My dad had an ulcer with very similar symptoms, he is fine now. Try not to worry.

jaabaar Fri 27-Jun-14 10:15:53

Thank you s88 and gothMummy
At least there are chances that all might be well and treatable.
Really appreciate your replies

LEMmingaround Wed 09-Jul-14 19:32:23

It could be lots of things - my mum had blood in stools. A colonoscopy revealed diverticulitis. Painful but non life threatening. Could be uti for urine. Try not to eorry x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now