Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

any people on here, partners with crohns or have crohns?

(3 Posts)
immortalwife Fri 18-Apr-14 00:29:38

Want want a RL assessment of everyone's experiences.

My DP has crohns. He's a wonderful man, even if he's sick and tired often. He's thoughtful, kind, caring, and a brilliant daddy.

I just worry that he takes every time he's ill, a bit too much to heart, as he says he'll never get that time back with me and dd. Never know what to say to that really. He gets lots of quality time still.

Any warriors/partners of warriors on MN???

Brakeover Fri 18-Apr-14 11:42:50

Crohns is a tough illness to have in that its lifelong and unpredictable, painful and tiring. I think it's really tough psychologically too to come to terms with.

Wishing your dp well x

nearlyreadytopop Fri 18-Apr-14 16:55:02

Dh has crohns. He had a large portion of bowel removed after a particularly bad flare up before we met. Since then (touch wood) with careful attention to what he eats he has been fine.
I must admit I know very little about it but listening to him describe what he went through I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now