Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

Please may I have a quick whinge.

(13 Posts)
ChippingInLovesAutumn Mon 11-Nov-13 10:12:21

Well, rich & full of energy sounds bloody good to me grin

LostInWales Sun 10-Nov-13 17:22:20

If we could do that we would be millionaires grin

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sun 10-Nov-13 16:22:10

A rant where people understand is good for you smile

Given that you, and the others who have reason to post in this topic, have it far worse than me, I'm not complaining. I just wanted to let you know that in some small way I understand and frankly, what you put up with puts me to shame.

When I see little kids bouncing & jumping about I want to bottle their energy and spread it around those who need it smile

LostInWales Sun 10-Nov-13 16:16:07

Tiredness is horrible Chipping, plus most people don't get that it is more than feeling a bit snoozy after lunch, I know some days I just have to lie down because I can't stay upright a moment longer. My dogs love it, any excuse for a snooze grin. Hope you will get better from it anyway.

PukingCat Sun 10-Nov-13 16:15:39

Chuckling sympathy your way op thanks

and yes of course you can have a winge smile

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sun 10-Nov-13 16:05:10

I don't normally post in this topic, but I saw your thread in Active Convos and as I 'knew' your name I thought I'd see if you were 'OK' - ie coping/had replies (which sounds daft given where you have posted I know).

I have a much less debilitating 'illness' and an almost constant 'tiredness' which gets me down, and like you, I envy those who don't... so given yours is a lot worse than mine, I think a bit of foot stomping and piss-off'd-ness is more than allowed.

I wish there was more that could be done for anyone and everyone who is posting in this topic - life is, sometimes, shit sad
x

LostInWales Sun 10-Nov-13 16:00:08

It's rubbish being ill isn't it Weegie. Do you want to stamp your feet and have a little shout too? It feels great, promise wink.

Weegiemum Sun 10-Nov-13 15:56:29

My illness is different, but I know that utter frustration of being aware of it all the time. I do hope your medication starts to work. Mumsnet is great to rant on - there's something therapeutic about screaming out into the aether!

out2lunch Sun 10-Nov-13 15:55:32

he he kick and stomp away

being ill is rubbish

have a hug x

LostInWales Sun 10-Nov-13 15:52:44

I do and a bit embarrassed blush but I needed to go arrrgghhhh and my 6 year old isn't particularly sympathetic!

And I hate my hearing aids too, so there! <kicks the ground like a spoilt child>

Thank you for reading, it has really helped to put it down actually. flowers <--- I've never done that before, it's cool grin.

PloddingDaily Sun 10-Nov-13 15:41:11

That sounds awful. Unmunsnetty (((hugs))) from me...hope you feel at least a little better now for letting off steam. thanks

chibi Sun 10-Nov-13 15:38:20

thanks

it is shit, isn't it? anyone who wants to quibble about you venting here will get a kick in the bum from me.

LostInWales Sun 10-Nov-13 15:32:23

Apologies if this is the wrong topic, I do not have an illness that is going to affect the span of my life too badly (fingers crossed) but I do have one which affects every minute of every day in an adverse fashion. I have had arthritis in my spine for the last 20 years, it is painful and I take tramadol now twice a day which takes the edge off but never stops it. In the last 18 months I have had agonising pain in my SI joints which radiates down both legs, appalling shoulders and hands and wrists and feet and ankles and everywhere else! A bone scan showed active arthritis in every single joint in my body big and small, so now I take evil, foul Slufasalazine which 'may' in 6 months start to clear this up but right now it makes me feel sick and so, so tired. I don't have a life, I have an existence, I am no decent mother or wife or friend. I am just so tired and ill feeling all the goddamn time. And the stupid arthritis has broken both my ears now as well so I am deaf and I'm not even 40 yet. I want to stamp my feet and scream 'it's not fair'!

Ooooh, that feels better. I needed to write it all down and throw it away. I hope you will indulge me this rant but I feel I can't say anything in RL anymore, I must just sound like such a whinger. The envy I have for people who just skip around doing that they like knows no bounds!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now