Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you have any medical concerns do consult your GP.

I bloody hate you, you bastarding disease

(223 Posts)
McPhee Wed 10-Oct-12 21:40:57

Fuck off, do you hear me? Now just fuck the fuck off angry

Yesterday, we said goodbye to my Uncle after a long fight with Cancer. My wonderful, brave Uncle sad

Our family friend is also terminally ill with bowel cancer. He had a rupture, and had to have his bowel removed via emergency surgery a few days ago. This is the one thing he never wanted to happen. All he wants is his dignity sad

Today, I find out that my Best friends MIL has also now been diagnosed as terminal. All she had was a sore hip. Her body is riddled. She's got two grandchildren she cares for due to family reasons. I feel sick to the stomach about what could happen to those wonderful boys sad

How many more? I'm so angry tonight!

bumblingbovine Wed 10-Oct-12 22:48:26

It is a terrible disease.

My family has been devastated by it:

Uncle 1 (Dad's brother) - brain tumour - died age 62 - 20 yrs ago
Grandad - prostate cancer - 16 years ago
Uncle 2 (mum's brother)- Stomach cancer died Age 60 - 15 years ago
Sister -liver cancer aged 32 (leaving 4 and 6 year old children) - 12 years ago
Cousin non-hodgkins lymphoma - died age 40 - 10years ago
My darling dad last summer - died aged 85 -brain tumour
Aunt (Dad's sister) - aged 70 Brain tumour - she is very close to the end now

It makes me more than scared (bloody terrified actually ) to think about it

Evil bastard cancer took my baby DD last August. She had no chance sad

Fuck off fucking cancer sad

RandallPinkFloyd Wed 10-Oct-12 22:55:10

Can't post properly now but wanted to add my own very big FUCK YOU to cancer.

I'm so sorry for all those affected by this hateful disease.

Trazzle I'm so so sorry about your boy. It's not fucking fair at all. Sending every positive thought I can to you xx

oxeye Wed 10-Oct-12 22:58:59

Trazzle
Expat
Whatever the weather sad

so so sorry

My BF aged 34 leaving 3 year old and baby son evil bastard cancer sad

McPhee Wed 10-Oct-12 23:00:29

I feel kind of bad now for starting this thread

So sorry to anyone affected by it tonight, but I just needed to rant sad

HuggleBuggleBear Wed 10-Oct-12 23:03:15

I fucking hate cancer

My mum is currently fighting cancer which has spread so no cure. Bastard cancer returned after 13 years cancer free.

My thoughts are with everyone affected by cancer.

colleysmill Wed 10-Oct-12 23:03:17

It is a bastard.

It took my mum 4 months after her diagnosis.

It took my friends niece 3 weeks after her diagnosis of leukaemia.. She was only 15 yrs old. At 15 I was thinking about my future, my dreams, my hopes and my life ahead of me - and hers went up in a puff of chemo sad

However my lovely lovely dad has survived aggressive cancer twice so here is my two fingers smile

scottishmummy Wed 10-Oct-12 23:03:35

in a way it's a recognition CA affects so many
the thread is recognition of that
it's unpleasant reading but not unpleasant thread.

HuggleBuggleBear Wed 10-Oct-12 23:05:46

But my FIL is fighting cancer and seems to be winning got told few months to live years ago. Fuck u cancer.

My DH will die in five months. We've decided to end the course of the treatment, and we decided today. We always knew there wasn't hope. At least I had him, and at least we have those five months together.

My sister. We were twins. She was my best friend ever and died when I was eight. I always blamed myself because I was older by an hour and felt responsible for her- because of the hour.

My grandfather. I will always remember the anniversaries of his death- I never met him, but no kid wants to see their mum and their grandma crying, and you being the only one to comfort them, because your sister's in a hospital and your fathers on the other side of the world. I guess I realised adults aren't so strong and brave when I saw them.

My great-aunt. We visited her every single weekend and I loved her so much. Bowel cancer- in a way it was better, because she had Alzheimers, and at least when she died she remembered us. She was the eldest of my great-aunts, the frailest, the closest and the kindest.

My nephew. You were five. You were so little and so loving and so bright. You could have been the next Einstein I sometimes thought- though that was pride in having such a wonderful nephew. You never, ever gave up and even when you were ill. You had a brain tumour, and when you lost your hair, bit by bit, you were still handsome and you looked even braver because you were our family's little soldier to share, and you reminded me so much of my sister when I looked at you.

I agree cancer is a c£&t! angry

My GFIL. Truly one of the most wonderful people I have ever known. Lung and throat cancer. Diagnosed as terminal with 5-6 months left after pneumonia that wouldn't shift but passed less than 4 weeks latersad it will be 4 years in February.

My mum is 12 years in remission from breast cancer.

Cancer needs to fuck right off.

Valpollicella Wed 10-Oct-12 23:11:22

Rindercella. I cant believe ot is 18 months. Remember your threads. I hope you and dc are as well as you can be xx

Valpollicella Wed 10-Oct-12 23:15:47

Oopsy..I m so sorry for you x

im so sorry for all that have posted here. All my love to you all xx

Northernlurkerisbehindyouboo Wed 10-Oct-12 23:18:49

Macphee - don't feel bad. There is a lot of value in common experience and in sharing how we feel.

Daisy - God bless you and your dh in the time you have together.

magnolia74 Wed 10-Oct-12 23:21:29

My amazing, wonderful and strong dad is terminal, we thought having his voice box removed would work.....it did but only for a while. Bastard fucking disease is back and not going anywhere this time sad

My aunt died 2 years ago ( dads sister) on his birthday

I don't really care about me but how is my mum going to cope with losing a man she has loved since she was 16 years old sad

This is the 21st fucking century, why can't we do more!!!

All of you that have lost someone, hugs to you all x

My lovely amazing grand f aged 62 - he would have adored seeing his g gc.
My beautiful and caring MIL aged 63.

It's evil and indiscriminate and it can fuck the bastard off.

Oopsy sad I'm so sorry sad

hugandroll Wed 10-Oct-12 23:24:27

My grandmother. I lived with her for a while and she is a second mum to me. She has recently been diagnosed with inoperable lung cancer and can't even start chemo (which she has been told will only prolong her life) as she has a chest infection. I just hope she has long enough to see ds2 get christened next month and my mum and dad celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary next August.

foofooyeah Wed 10-Oct-12 23:24:58

What a sad thread.

I lost my Dad to pancreatic cancer, an aunt to lung cancer, my Nan, a very good friend earlier this year to lung cancer, and my beautiful cousin aged only 5 to leaukemia.

Fuck off cancer on the pox ridden dragon you ride in on.

xMinerva Wed 10-Oct-12 23:25:32

My lovely step-dad. Died just over a year ago. It's his birthday soon. sad

captainaffray Wed 10-Oct-12 23:26:12

I was diagnosed with bowel cancer at the start of the year and after my second op i have just started a second course of chemo because it's trying to spread around my body through my lymph nodes.

My attitude has been to stuck two fingers up to it, bring on the treatment at every opportunity, do the research stuff and give it the biggest kicking I can and keep kicking it till it gives up.

Stay strong for your relatives, be positive and defiant.

My heartfelt sadness to all those who have lost their battle. It makes me so sad and tearey but increase my resolve to win.

Indiscriminate umm that's the word I was searching for.

Don't feel bad McPhee it actually felt kind of good to say fuck you cancer

My 16 yr old brother died from osteosarcoma-bone cancer nearly 6 years agosad
He would have been 22 this octobersad
Cancer is a bastard disease, i wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy

NewGirlInTown Wed 10-Oct-12 23:45:07

Lost both my parents to this awful awful disease.

Cancer can fuck off to the far side of fuck.. And you know the rest

Blessings to everyone on this thread, and if you can spare a couple of quid per month, there is no better charity than Cancer Research. They are the people who will win this fight for our children and their children.

It's all so sad. Love to all of you and I hope that we are close to finding a cure for this absolute bastard of a disease.

Sadly too late for my friends GF who had ALL and will not see the end of this year. She is 24.

McPhee Thu 11-Oct-12 06:47:16

I couldn't stop thinking about everyone during the night

Much love to you all this morning x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now