My son came out to me last night

(8 Posts)
kirinm Sun 12-Jun-16 12:03:13

Just that really. He's actually no longer a 'child' as he's 20. It doesn't come as a surprise at all. I'm really pleased he feels so much relief from having told me. He actually sounds kind of euphoric and I wasn't sure if that's being put on or is genuine. Hopefully it's genuine.

Beyond telling him in chuffed he feels so happy and so pleased he's been able to tell me, is there anything else I need / should be doing? He doesn't live with us anymore so all we are doing is texting today - he's working.

sleepingatlast Tue 14-Jun-16 22:47:07

Honestly, just tell him you love him and nothing has changed.

calamityjam Tue 14-Jun-16 22:53:17

Congratulations on having brought up a happy, confident, well rounded son with whom you have a good enough relationship for him to tell you such things.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Tue 14-Jun-16 22:54:22

I think you should feel pleased that he can confide in you without judgement. He must feel like a weight has been lifted from his shoulders which would explain him feeling so happy and relieved.

kirinm Tue 14-Jun-16 23:07:41

He was asking me about tinder today (not sure why as I've not used it. winkHe still seems over the moon and told my DP that he finally feels like himself now.

CormoranStrike Sat 16-Jul-16 22:13:50

My DS came out at 18/ 19.

No hint of it befor hand, so it was a surprise - but it made no difference at all to how we feel about him or who he is.

He adores Tinder grin

unimagmative13 Sat 16-Jul-16 22:43:03

Isn't it grinder or am I missing something?

MephistoMarley Sat 16-Jul-16 22:46:49

Grindr and tinder are both dating apps - grindr is solely gay but tinder can be used by straight and gay/bi

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now