Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Has anyone made a no fault claim with Albany Assistance? All advice much appreciated ......

(32 Posts)
Pineapplechunks Wed 25-Nov-09 10:43:36

Yesterday morning, on the way to school, someone drove into the back of us, we were stationary waiting for the person in front of us to turn right so we're not at fault.

The damage to my car didn't seem to bad, just a few dents and scratches in the back and it still drives fine so after checking everyone was alright and swapping details we carried on to school(we were still on time!).

When I got home I phoned my insurance company(Kwik Fit) to report it. Albany Assistance administer claims for Kwik Fit (and a lot of other major insurance brokers too). It seemed to be being dealt with very efficiently, I was given a garage to go to and get a repairs quote and have been told I will get a hire car when mine goes in for repair-all this claimed back from the other people's insurance because they were at fault.

They said I would need to sign a vehicle repair finance agreement and an associated credit protection policy before they could authorise the repairs to my car.

I've just googled Albany Assistance and the results aren't good. Lots of people saying that they're inept and their claims took months years even and that Albany overcharge for the use of the hire car so the other insurance company refuses to pay (apparently they can if the costs are too high?).

Have any MNers had any experience of Albany Assistance or have any advice about whats best to do as I'm really quite confused?

AlbanyAssistanceSocial Thu 12-Feb-15 09:46:44

Hello,

The online team are here to help and have sent a private message with contact details if you would like to discuss this further.

Regards,

Sophie - Albany Assistance Online Team

dumpedbyalbany Wed 11-Feb-15 19:30:17

to answer albany assistance social, yes I have tried the number you gave, when I call they ask my name/reference/ then pretend that they are not available
emails get ignored also, its clear that albany employ staff to monitor forums, professional excuse makers, to purport to the public they are better than they really are.liability to my non-fault incident was ignored so you could manipulate the outcome of less expense for youselves, I had 2 witnesses the third party fraudulent claimant had none, you let it run 5 months, then colluded with aviva insurance to dispose of the claim in the cheapest way possible. I have letters from albany confirming you would pursue my £700+ uninsured losses, then you changed your mind. your claims operatives lied and said they had phoned me but the phone just rang out, with my phone its impossible to ring out, it answers to voicemail after 4 rings, no messages were left either, your claims handlers wrote a final 7 day notice stating that unless I objected to claim the insurance would pay out to the fraudster, I already had on record proof by email instructions from me to refuse this claim on many occasions, I further answered the 7 day ultimatum with another refusal, it was ignored and fraudster was paid out, the letter was a pure concoction for to make it look on your records that you had acted fairly, I think its clear to the public exactly how you operate, its your job now to concoct more hopefully feasible excuses for your company

monkeysaymoo Wed 11-Feb-15 18:40:35

Thank you for clarifying the nature of your involvement with insurance claims in your private message - We have been mislead by everyone we have spoken to regarding the exact nature of Albany Assistance's involvement and regarding your credit hire agreements.

I do not wish to send my reference number or personal information to you via an internet forum and am currently awaiting further information before contacting Albany Assistance.

As I said when the full extent and outcome of this situation is known I will be posting the full information on this forum so as to inform others of what I consider unethical practices by Albany Assistance. If the matter is resolved by yourselves then I will also include that information.

dumpedbyalbany Wed 11-Feb-15 18:25:03

albany employ people to gloss over their faults on these forums

dumpedbyalbany Wed 11-Feb-15 18:22:05

you are correct in your appraisal of albany

AlbanyAssistanceSocial Wed 11-Feb-15 11:49:34

Hi there, we understand your frustrations. However, insurers will not accept responsibility for accidents when liability is not supported by the circumstances and available information. We therefore cannot pursue claims where your insurer accepts responsibility. If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact our customer service team on 0191 523 3354

Regards,

Sophie - Albany Assistance Online Team

dumpedbyalbany Tue 10-Feb-15 19:27:19

I have a non-fault incident, the third party made a fraudulent claim to get his vehicle repaired, my insurance-aviva paid out rather than fight it despite my objections, albany whom I paid for legal services and had been promising to pursue my £700+ uninsured losses, asked for estimates, then told me they were dropping the case,BEWARE

AlbanyAssistanceSocial Tue 10-Feb-15 09:13:22

Hi monkeysaymoo,

We have sent you a direct message in relation to your comment.

Regards,

Sophie

monkeysaymoo Mon 09-Feb-15 21:16:24

Please Please Please can I urge people to use extreme caution when dealing with Albany assistance. When I have sorted the absolute shambles they have left us in I will start my own thread about what has happened.

Warning! You may not be insured with Albany Assistance but if you are involved in an accident (particularly one that was not your fault) your insurance company may sell your claim onto these people (Like ours have).

AlbanyAssistanceSocial Mon 09-Feb-15 09:24:03

Hi Jayne,

We have sent you a direct message regarding this matter.

Regards,

Sophie - Albany Assistance

itiswhatitiswhatitis Sun 08-Feb-15 21:03:08

Oh crap we are using albany assist at the moment I sincerely hope we don't get screwed over by them. The other driver has admitted full liability and we have a courtesy car arranged by Albany.

What can we do to ensure that this company don't stick us with a large bill at the end. I will be fuming as my dh questioned them about the credit agreement and we were assured that their would be no hidden costs.

Jayne70 Sun 08-Feb-15 20:53:50

Having loads of problems with Albany. Our Galaxy was damaged just before our holiday to Cornwall. With 2 under 3 in large car seats and 2 over 6 foot adopted stepsons, plus luggage, top box, surfboards etc only a galaxy was a sufficient replacement and ours was illegal to drive with damage to rear including brake lights. Now have a £1500 bill for a hire car they provided, other company won't pay, so have now a solicitor on the case and the worry of legal fees. I've been hit a few times before and been provided with replacements, never known such a mess. I won't be using them again it's so stressful!

AlbanyAssistanceSocial Thu 05-Feb-15 09:21:10

Hi Geoffb, we're sorry to hear this and would like to help you here. If you could message us privately with your reference number we can take a look into your claim for you.

Alternatively, you can follow us on Twitter @AlbanyAssist and a member of our online team can assist.

Regards,

Sophie - Albany Assistance

geoffb Fri 30-Jan-15 22:21:21

I had a no fault accident, Albany Assistance quoted me for the repairs, no mention of a fee. They failed to quote within the timescale they gave and I went elsewhere. Now I have a £60.00 fee, which I didn't agree to, it appear that if I don't pay they sue. What a bunch of shysters.

GnomieGrace Thu 11-Dec-14 20:22:44

And I just realised how old this thread is hopefully op has their car back by now :-/

GnomieGrace Thu 11-Dec-14 20:21:43

Hi OP, I'm a manager in a large insurance company. I have 10yrs exp dealing with insurance both underwriting and claims. If I were you I take up the other insurance companies offer to sort your repairs out. The main reason insurance premiums are going up is due to inflated claims costs. I won't comment on a specific company but credit hire and repair firms similar to the one you have mentioned often add extra costs such as an admin fee, engineers fee etc etc now it sounds like there is no discussion about liability, the other insurance company has admitted fault. Often in these scenarios you don't pay your excess, known as being waived, also as the insurance company has full control over the repair and hire there are very rarely arguments about quantum. That's the fancy term for how much it cost. One thing to be aware of though, if you do go through the other insurance and you are not happy with the repairs your own insurance company will not get involved in a complaint this is rare but thought I would mention it.

AlbanyAssistanceSocialMedia Mon 08-Dec-14 14:48:09

Hi Pslatter,

It has come to our attention that people have been receiving such calls, made in the name of 'Albany' or 'Albany Assistance'.

If you receive such calls from any company claiming to be 'Albany' or 'Albany Assistance' we would ask that you send details including the phone number used (if not withheld), the times and dates of calls and any other information you think may be relevant to quality@albanyassistance.co.uk - so we may investigate and take action.

Thank you,

Sophie - Marketing Team

pslatter Thu 04-Dec-14 12:54:07

DO NOT USE this firm
Random phone calls and cold calling are the norm.....
Called me twice and told me I had a claim open with them when I have no idea who they are!
Be every very aware - charlatans

AlbanyAssistanceSocialMedia Tue 04-Nov-14 11:44:10

Hi Grandma316,

We'd like to assure you that Albany Assistance does not make unsolicited outbound calls to the public. However it has come to our attention that people have been receiving such calls, made in the name of 'Albany' or 'Albany Assistance'.

If you receive such calls from any company claiming to be 'Albany' or 'Albany Assistance' we would ask that you send details including the phone number used (if not withheld), the times and dates of calls and any other information you think may be relevant to quality@albanyassistance.co.uk - so we may investigate and take action.

Where we do need to contact our existing customers, for security purposes we take steps to verify both your and our identity before discussing any details.

We do not share customer information with third parties unless a customer provides their permission, and only then with companies directly relevant to a claim we are dealing with.

We advise all customers and members of the public to be vigilant and to exercise care when asked to providing personal details to 'cold' callers.

Thank you,

Sophie

Grandma316 Wed 15-Oct-14 11:49:46

I just had a call from Albany Insurance saying there was some extra money (compensation) due me from an accident in my car. Having had no such accident I asked when - "in the last two years", and what is my vehicle type/ reg? "can't tell you that for data protection". I suggested the caller write to me with full details as I had no insurance claim. I suspect there is some sort of scam going on here. Anyone else had similar experience?

KPeg Fri 26-Apr-13 17:17:22

I recently had a claim with Albany Assistance and although there was some confusion with regards to the delivery of the hire car to my work address, overall I would say that they were a great help. I was really shaken up after my accident and they seemed to take some of the stress away.

Natlee1210 Mon 28-Jan-13 21:16:01

Albany asistance are a credit company ,, their ask them what their rate is ,,, they wont tell you ,, its criminal how these people are allowed to scam honest young drivers ,,, stay away

Natlee1210 Mon 28-Jan-13 21:14:18

Albany asistance ,,, GANGSTERS ,,, be aware ,, and stay well clear ,, nightmare

Natlee1210 Mon 28-Jan-13 21:12:57

Please be aware ,, of albany asistance ,, im shocked at how iv been trated by these people ,, they seem nice they you get a huge car rental bill , 5 times the actual cost ,, they are a credit company ,,be very aware ,, and stay well clear ,, they are only out to milk you ,of every penny they can ,, extotionate rates ,, criminals ,,

Natlee1210 Mon 28-Jan-13 21:09:59

Albany asistance ,,,, stay well clear ,, please manage your own car ,,, you will get a nasty bill at the end ,, 5 times the cost of normal car rental ,, go hire your own car ,, they behave like gangsters too ,, im taking them to court

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now