Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Sheilas Wheels - any good?

(10 Posts)
Podrick Fri 03-Oct-08 14:19:04

I have a lovely cheap quote from Sheilas Wheels car insurance but I am not sure how good they are to deal with - anyone have any experience?

sb6699 Fri 03-Oct-08 21:31:15

I've just signed up with them. I noticed the quotes are really cheap but just so you're forewarned if you want any extras (courtesy car, legal cover, etc) you need to ask for these specifically and the they bump up the cost accordingly.

Natasha1 Sat 04-Oct-08 22:01:31

Hi,

I recently taken a policy out with Sheila's Wheels, if you take it out online via Quidco you receive £75.00 cashback.

Makes it really great value for money!!!!

Natasha1 Sat 04-Oct-08 22:01:33

Hi,

I recently taken a policy out with Sheila's Wheels, if you take it out online via Quidco you receive £75.00 cashback.

Makes it really great value for money!!!!

Natasha1 Sat 04-Oct-08 22:02:44

oops, sorry, getting carried away because of my bargain car insurance.

CountTo10 Sat 04-Oct-08 22:11:21

I'm insured with them and think they're good. When I first went with them I was having trouble getting my no claims out of my old insurer (after hving a crash that wasn;t my fault) and they helped sort it all out.

zsazsa613 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:18:23

Sheila's Wheels will only give me the 4 year No Claims Bonus I started with, even though I paid for it to be protected. They are misrepresenting what 'protection' actually means, by not making it abundantly clear that the 'protection' only means that you stay where you are and do not advance with your No Claims.
I am disgusted with the way Sheila's Wheels have conducted themselves, from failing to remind me of their T&Cs that I had to phone again in a week's time to confirm my instructions to insure another vehicle, leaving me driving without insurance, to failing to tie up a matter of sliding on ice in our car park where the factor is responsible for the communal areas including garden and car park and holding me responsible, to their attempts to triple my insurance from £300 to nearly £900 due to me making a claim, supposedly covered by full insurance and no claims protection.
'Insurance Designed with Women in Mind' ? I don't think so.

zsazsa613 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:18:43

Sheila's Wheels will only give me the 4 year No Claims Bonus I started with, even though I paid for it to be protected. They are misrepresenting what 'protection' actually means, by not making it abundantly clear that the 'protection' only means that you stay where you are and do not advance with your No Claims.
I am disgusted with the way Sheila's Wheels have conducted themselves, from failing to remind me of their T&Cs that I had to phone again in a week's time to confirm my instructions to insure another vehicle, leaving me driving without insurance, to failing to tie up a matter of sliding on ice in our car park where the factor is responsible for the communal areas including garden and car park and holding me responsible, to their attempts to triple my insurance from £300 to nearly £900 due to me making a claim, supposedly covered by full insurance and no claims protection.

zsazsa613 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:19:00

zsazsa613 Fri 08-Jan-16 12:24:15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now