Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

What income would be enough

(3 Posts)
indecisivecantdecide Wed 23-Nov-16 13:57:32

For a comfortable life in or near Melbourne? Been offered a job based in Geelong and the salary is $150000. Would a secondary income be needed to be able to afford a decent life for a family of 2 adults and two older children (not yet teens) somewhere commutable but not Geelong itself. E.g. Be able to live in a nice area, not have to always budget food shop, medical insurance, bit of travelling, one car, odd bit of eating out etc? Anyone know?! Thanks!

FourToTheFloor Wed 23-Nov-16 16:16:39

This might be better in overseas OP, I'd repost there. Tbh though I don't think it would afford what you'd like. It's probably doable bit it's really expensive in Australia. Perhaps living further away from Melbourne would give you cheaper housing for example.

Good luck. I'm from Melbourne and slightly homesick smile

indecisivecantdecide Wed 23-Nov-16 16:19:25

Thanks - yes I will repost! That's what I was thinking too :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now