Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Help anyone

(9 Posts)
Ashmullo155 Tue 22-Nov-16 00:54:34

So my gas of off its so cold in my home i have a sick child and she needs warmth i have no money till wedneaday an my family members cannot help me what can i do im on a smart meter with utilita energy and they cannot put any money on my meter i just dont know what to do im so cold thanks

Hellmouth Tue 22-Nov-16 01:03:19

Put on lots of layers, including socks and gloves if you have them. If your LO is too old to be at risk of SIDS, then put on hats too.

Hot drinks are good too. I'm assuming you have electricity so you can boil a kettle.

Then just bundle up in blankets and quilts.

You just have to get through the next couple of days, you'll be fine

Manumission Tue 22-Nov-16 01:03:52

Some food banks and similar organisations have machines to charge power keys and cards.

Can you tell us which county or town or area you're in?

Manumission Tue 22-Nov-16 01:07:23

Does anyone have any electric heaters you can borrow?

Ashmullo155 Tue 22-Nov-16 01:12:53

My little girl is 2 and she is sick also has a bad cough i havent got a key i have a smart meter witch i phone up and top up using a code and no noone has any heaters

Ashmullo155 Tue 22-Nov-16 01:13:28

Im from liverpool

Manumission Tue 22-Nov-16 01:21:41

The Liverpool urgent needs scheme will help with fuel vouchers;

liverpool.gov.uk/benefits-and-grants/benefits-help-in-a-crisis/liverpool-citizens-support-scheme/

FannyWisdom Tue 22-Nov-16 01:26:36

Last resort, if the above help doesn't work out.

Go out. Don't sit huddled with no heat, go visit friends, neighbours, library, shopping centers.
All heated places you can go for little cost.

If you have a sick child sit in the GP/OOH and stay there (in the heat).

NerrSnerr Tue 22-Nov-16 02:40:07

I would call your HV to see if they can refer you for some emergency support. I also agree with PP, go out to the library or somewhere in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now