Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Pls recommend your energy provider/tariff

(6 Posts)
Blossom4538 Thu 17-Nov-16 09:23:02

Morning!

Did anyone see Watchdog and Martin Lewis on Good Morning Britain this morning? They were discussing energy providers and comparison sites. Think it's about time we looked at our provider/tariff.

Can anyone recommend their provider. Are some of the cheaper/smaller companies okay really?! Any tips?

Thank you :-)

specialsubject Thu 17-Nov-16 09:40:35

Tariffs are.regional so I'm afraid such info is not.much use. Also the best tariff depends on your usage.

Energy prices are rising and the smaller firms may go bust. Make sure you don't pay in advance or build up credit.

19lottie82 Thu 17-Nov-16 17:27:19

I can tell you DO NOT sign up with First Utility...... EVER! Ever!

Lollollollol Thu 17-Nov-16 19:59:15

I'd look on Martin Lewis's MoneySavingExpert. (Sorry MN ☺️).

Blossom4538 Fri 18-Nov-16 09:15:30

Ok, I'll avoid First Utility, thanks!! shock

Babelange Fri 18-Nov-16 13:01:22

You need to sign up to the MSE energy club www.moneysavingexpert.com/cheapenergyclub
(MSE = Money Saving Expert, the website Martin Lewis set up). Enter your gas/electricity usage (should be on your bills) and they'll recommend cheapest tariffs. Switched from Atlantic to British Gas and saved £300 per year, I thought we were on the cheapest tariff but the energy club gets you access to fixed energy rates which means good savings. Free to join and a no brainer really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now