Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. Free legal advice is available from a Citizen's Advice Bureau, and the Law Society can supply a list of local solicitors.

Tax credits claim closed

(3 Posts)
Wheresthemissingsqueakyegg Sun 13-Nov-16 18:45:38

Anyone have any experience of this?

It is really stressing me
Out - I received a letter about 6 weeks requesting I send some information to confirm only myself living at the property (as they have on record a previous tenant resides at my address) which I duly sent, however they said they have not received this and have stopped my claim.
When I spoke to them on Friday (only discovered my claim had been stopped as didn't receive my usual weekly payment) they advised I now need to re send all the information I sent previously and request a mandatory reconsideration , anyone have any information on how long this usually takes? I'm going to post the information via recorded delivery tommorow but am panicking now as its approx £800 a month I have now lost and I still have bills and nursery costs to pay for this month (I'm a single parent)
Many thanks!

needsahalo Tue 15-Nov-16 19:24:01

I had this situation recently. Took 16 days to reinstate after a mandatory reconsideration. Send recorded delivery. Is it Concentrix? If so, also send to HMRC. If in doubt, ask your MP to get involved.

Wheresthemissingsqueakyegg Tue 15-Nov-16 19:28:20

Thanks for your reply! I've sent everything recorded delivery (it cost me almost £20 to send everything with printing as well) not with Concentrix just there compliance team! Thanks for the info, 16 days doesn't sound too bad!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now